Scotland v England...

haggis pakora

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A massive police presence in the city centre last night. Most of the England fans who were out were in good spirits and chatting away with locals etc, and the ones under 30 just seemed to be treating it as a night out more than an away day.

If the police can sensibly deal with the trains arriving today (both home and away fans) I'm sure everything will go fine. I can see them over policing and making stupid arrests for drinking etc, annoying both sets of fans and creating the storm in a teacup they've been begging for all week. Old Firm dry run I suppose

Hopefully they can sort the anthem out, was a mess the other day.

Utter shambles; no one could sing along with that. Forget the pipes or some wee lassie belting out in a high voice (and maybe forgetting the words), get the ugly big guys with beards back.

Utter shambles; no one could sing along with that. Forget the pipes or some wee lassie belting out in a high voice (and maybe forgetting the words), get the ugly big guys with beards back.

Fans sing it quickly as they are all p*shed and so it wasn't in sync with the band. You need a strong singer to keep everyone in tow and that was not evident the other night.

If you're going with that 11, surely it'd be far better to have Naismith up front, with Russell on the right and Maloney in the middle.

I was going on the thought that Strachan will try to keep the base of the squad as normal as he can. Maloney hasn't really started in the middle under GS, and we'd be better off playing Naismith, Anya, Maloney where they're most likely to play in the rest of the campaign. Russell's pace upfront could work if we can create pockets of space behind their backline, which isn't the quickest.

I was going on the thought that Strachan will try to keep the base of the squad as normal as he can. Maloney hasn't really started in the middle under GS, and we'd be better off playing Naismith, Anya, Maloney where they're most likely to play in the rest of the campaign. Russell's pace upfront could work if we can create pockets of space behind their backline, which isn't the quickest.

Slow? Nah, surely not...

ipGdksMI2S2pu.gif

People are complaining about the prices for this one; compared to the £40 I'm paying via the season ticket "deal" ("you save a massive tenner over the six matches, you muuuuug!") for the farce that will be the Gibraltar game (on a Sunday night, no less), the £50 I'm paying for tonight's game is an absolute steal!

Absolute disgrace, and they have the cheek to ask everyone for more money for charity. Plus it'll be a fiver for a programme again.

We're getting the pish ripped out us.

Lol. Indeed. We beat the mighty Ireland and are third in our group. Lowly England are only at the top having won a 4 of their games.

Lol. Relative to where we were before, and relative to where they were before. Not relative to each other - not yet.

Archived