• Created
  • Last Reply

My team would be:

Gordon

Whittaker Hanley Martin Robertson

Brown Fletcher

Maloney Naismith Anya

Russell

If you're going with that 11, surely it'd be far better to have Naismith up front, with Russell on the right and Maloney in the middle.

I hope Steven Fletcher is fit to start though. He's not much a goal scorer for Scotland but he's an intelligent player who links up well with the attacking midfielders. England have a decent team but their defence is fucking shite, so a good link up player could cause them all sorts of bother.

If you're going with that 11, surely it'd be far better to have Naismith up front, with Russell on the right and Maloney in the middle.

I hope Steven Fletcher is fit to start though. He's not much a goal scorer for Scotland but he's an intelligent player who links up well with the attacking midfielders. England have a decent team but their defence is fucking shite, so a good link up player could cause them all sorts of bother.

Fletch is defo ooot

Would probably only make 2 personell changes to the starting line up.

I would move Naismith up top and then either:

1. Move Maloney into the centre and put Russell out wide

2. Bring Morrison/Dorrans into the centre

The other change to starting line up would probably be Gordon in for Marshall. It's a fairly low risk change and would be good to see Gordon back in a Scotland shirt.

Had we had other fit options for right back then that's the only other change I would consider for starting line up.

Over the course of the 90 it would be good to see May get a decent run out

Big game for the ranking points, no? With the WC Qualifier draw in June, we only have two games which count between then and now - England tomorrow and Ireland in March.

A win and a draw would surely have us as guaranteed second seeds. Goes without saying where we'd rather the win came from, and the Ireland game was massive compared to this. Win would still be big though.

Yeah, that's fair. In which case I'd rather we didn't play England. I don't really think it's a game we can win.

I'd argue we'd have more of a chance against a much better side like Italy, who patently don't care about friendlies, and certainly wouldn't care about a friendly against Scotland.

With England they're obviously bang average, but they do have a consistent record against nations of roughly our size - and I can still see some of our players being overawed.

I'll be delighted if I'm wrong, and we're certainly a lot better now than we have been in the past. It's such an important game it's even making Brazilian TV. Home to the worlds most enthusiastic goal celebration in the commentary box, even for friendlies between two countries thousands of miles away :lol:

Archived