Scotland v England...

haggis pakora

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strachan has already said that players will be rested and that it will basically be a Scotland reserve team and people are paying £60 a ticket to watch a glorified training match

This game is a total irrelevence. Even if it was 25 quid a ticket it would still be a fuckin irrelevence.

The real action was at Celtic park on 14.11.2014. Thankfully we won.

The "auld enemy" 60 pound a pop pish is just the fa and sfa trying to fleece the fans. Avoid at all costs.

Still hope we stuff the eggies though.

2nd team or not I think England are there for the taking. They labor through games with ole Roy at the helm with his negative tactics and tension with his squad. You just don't know what you will get with them.

Nae body likes Rooney, they have little up front to bother with Sturridge out with no talismanic strikers like they used to have in the past like Shearer, Owen, Lineker etc. The only player I think they have that really could bother us is Ross Barkley who is a great talent who may start.

I hope and can see Strachan keeping spine the same, giving D. Fletcher a game, playing Gordon and Gilks to mix up keepers and playing one or two young lads to give them a good experience. Robertson should start. I wish Ryan Gauld would play. Love to unleash him on the sassenach!

England are not there for the taking. For the confidence going into the game against Ireland, this team are a bit better. Scotland can beat them, obviously, but it shouldn't be the expected result.

Disagree. England's recent results and lack of cohesion in my book shows they are there to be beaten. Last year I think we have them a good game and showed some real team determination.

There is no reason to think the way we have played in the last 3 qualifiers that we cannot enjoy a victory at Hampden.

I am not arguing that England are not still favorites as they certainly are as the larger nation and overall have better players but they are not playing well and Hodgson is struggling with team ethic and the personalities in the team.

This game is a total irrelevence. Even if it was 25 quid a ticket it would still be a fuckin irrelevence.

The real action was at Celtic park on 14.11.2014. Thankfully we won.

The "auld enemy" 60 pound a pop pish is just the fa and sfa trying to fleece the fans. Avoid at all costs.

Still hope we stuff the eggies though.

Nothing to do with the FA. SFA sets the prices. But it's going to be half empty, it's going to be turgid, and, as a result, it's going to be the last Scotland/England game for a while. It's a pointless exercise, and I don't see what Scotland has to gain from it.

The SFA are a greedy bunch of b*****ds. All the tickets have gone up too much but £60 is taking the piss.

They think because it's against England that anyone will pay anything but it's still just a friendly, and being treated that way by Strachan and Roy. It's probably going to be pretty poor.

Still hope we win though, I think we can - England's aren't the team they think they are. Still a hard game mind.

Strachan has already said that players will be rested and that it will basically be a Scotland reserve team and people are paying £60 a ticket to watch a glorified training match

I imagine he's just trolling to a degree

I'd quite like to see Gilks, Gordon, and the rest of the guys who never play/debutants get a run out. The trouble is, friendlies are actually worth something in terms of ranking points. Like I say, I don't see what these friendlies help us with.

Scotland should play friendlies, if they must, against teams who are ranked higher than us but we are likely to beat. Some might say that's what England are, but they're a pretty decent side.

Nothing to do with the FA. SFA sets the prices. But it's going to be half empty, it's going to be turgid, and, as a result, it's going to be the last Scotland/England game for a while. It's a pointless exercise, and I don't see what Scotland has to gain from it.

Over 50,000 tickets sold and I imagine more will go after last nights result.

I think the SFA are thinking because the FA got away with charging around £55 last year the can also get away with it, but the circumstances around the game last year with it being the first game in 13 years between us meant that nobody was to fussed to question it. Given the fact I've already paid just shy of £80 on the two home qualifiers so far, I'll be giving this a miss.

I hope it's the last game between the two countries for a while. If this becomes an annual thing then it will take the edge off the fixture IMO. Would rather not play them for a few years then get drawn against them in a qualifier or something.

Archived