The Premiership's Most Overrated/Underrated Players

List 'em...

Could be someone at your own club who you can't understand the obsession with; or an opposing player who continually gets praise yet seems pretty average when you see them...

On the other side of the argument, is there someone at your club that you love watching yet who doesn't get the praise; or an opposition player who never seems to get the credit you feel he deserves?

Overrated

At Kilmarnock we have a few. Last season I'd have said Manuel Pascali hands down, a liability always costing us more than he was worth. Then this season he forms a decent partnership with Mark Connolly and things look rosy in the garden. Then he gets sent off v Celtic for being a muppet, and in his first game back we ship three at home to Ross County. The other guy is probably Alexei Eremenko. Undoubtedly the most talented player at the club, and on his day one of the best in Scotland. Yet his day comes around very rarely these days. A joy to watch, but certainly not deserving of some of the adulation he gets.

At other clubs, I can't quite fathom how Emilio Izaguirre and Charlie Mulgrew continue to feature for a club of Celtic's size. Izaguirre a complete liability going up against better players and Mulgrew runs in quicksand most of the time. Wotherspoon at Saints flatters to deceive far too often too. Langfield at Aberdeen is awful yet is constantly being talked up for Scotland caps... Delighted for them that McInnes has finally seen sense.

Underrated

Josh Magennis isn't appreciated as he should by opposition fans (and a lot of Killie fans). The donkey work that he does to allow others space to play is vitally important, and the abuse he gets from home supporters is ludicrous.

Outwith Kilmarnock, I can't understand why Leigh Griffiths isn't the first name on the Celtic teamsheet; why Stuart Bannigan isn't spoke about in more glowing terms and why Jackson Irvine isn't an Aussie regular.

GGH is under-rated by a lot of fans. I loved him at Firhill and he is dong a great job for the Dees this season.

Ryan Stevenson hasn't lived up to expactions but I'm still not sure what these expectations were. He had one good game for the Jambos against us last season. Has he impressed fans of any other teams*

*last season or before

Over rated - souttar at Utd. Must be spewing he knocked back Sunderland. Pretty much any if utds "youth products" can be put in this bracket.

Also Scott fox and Craig Samson - both poor.

Under rated- griffiths is the best striker at Celtic (guidetti may be better) yet cannot get a start.

McGowan for us, never stops and is key to how we play.

Over rated - souttar at Utd. Must be spewing he knocked back Sunderland. Pretty much any if utds "youth products" can be put in this bracket.

:lol: Cool story

Overrated - Gary Harkins, Ryan Dow, Niall Mcginn

Underrated - Keith Lasley, Dave Mackay, Chris Erskine

Fox is now seriously underrated by the Firhill Faithful.

I think he has been okay this season and has more league shutouts than he achieved last season already.

What the fùck is going on here?Fraser Wright ffs.

He probably is, tbh. Anderson and Mackay have gotten plenty of plaudits over the past three or so years for our amazing defence. Yet this season both have been regulars in a shaky defence that didn't include Wright, he's come back in and we've stopped conceding again. His influence, and reading of the game, is under rated even by our own support. (I include myself as under rating btw)

Chris Millar is another whos underrated by opposing sides, and until recently our own support.

Have to say I'm starting to find Murray Davidson as being overrated, most people seem to think he should be a stick on starter for us but he's not played well consistently for about two years now, although injuries and personal problems have played a part there.

RandomGuy., on 15 Nov 2014 - 19:20, said:

He probably is, tbh. Anderson and Mackay have gotten plenty of plaudits over the past three or so years for our amazing defence. Yet this season both have been regulars in a shaky defence that didn't include Wright, he's come back in and we've stopped conceding again. His influence, and reading of the game, is under rated even by our own support. (I include myself as under rating btw)

Chris Millar is another whos underrated by opposing sides, and until recently our own support.

Have to say I'm starting to find Murray Davidson as being overrated, most people seem to think he should be a stick on starter for us but he's not played well consistently for about two years now, although injuries and personal problems have played a part there.

Fraser Wright is just an inbred teuchter (His face confirms this) who has Hollywood movie style inbred teuchter strength but instead of going on a murderous rampage, he applies it to the football field. He's woeful and I'd be very disappointed and underwhelmed if we'd signed him even when we were in the Championship, which I suppose does make him underrated quite a bit, so you have a point.

GGH is extremely underrated by pretty much everyone in the league except us and Partick fans. James McPake is underrated. Regarded as a bombscare by many, he's been outstanding for us.

Fraser Wright is just an inbred teuchter (His face confirms this) who has Hollywood movie style inbred teuchter strength but instead of going on a murderous rampage, he applies it to the football field. He's woeful and I'd be very disappointed and underwhelmed if we'd signed him even when we were in the Championship, which I suppose does make him underrated quite a bit, so you have a point.

GGH is extremely underrated by pretty much everyone in the league except us and Partick fans. James McPake is underrated. Regarded as a bombscare by many, he's been outstanding for us.

Ah yes one of those inbred teuchters from East Kilbride.

Agree with the opening post about bannigan, always looks a quality midfielder the few times I've seen him.

Over-rated - Kello

Under-rated - Goodwin

Goodwin is not underrated. A player cannot just be judged by his ability alone but also by a number of related factors. If Goodwin ever matures before he hangs up his boots his talents may be recognised. I don't think it is going tonappen.

Archived