Teams in your region you've never seen play

glensmad

Glencairn are playing Ardeer Thistle tomorrow, and it's the first time I've ever seen Ardeer Thistle play at all, never mind against my own team. This made me think about what other teams there are in the West Region that I've never seen play, and I came up with Saltcoats Victoria, Rossvale and Newmains United.

I'm sure there are people on here who have seen all of the teams play and visited all of the grounds in their region. If you are one of these people, put your hand up and show off. :smartass

Glencairn are playing Ardeer Thistle tomorrow, and it's the first time I've ever seen Ardeer Thistle play at all, never mind against my own team. This made me think about what other teams there are in the West Region that I've never seen play, and I came up with Saltcoats Victoria, Rossvale and Newmains United.

I'm sure there are people on here who have seen all of the teams play and visited all of the grounds in their region. If you are one of these people, put your hand up and show off. :smartass

You must've seen Newmains when they were known as Coltness , no?

Come next Saturday the 22nd of November when we play kilwinning rangers at home in the Scottish cup I won't have seen my team play out of Ayrshire so far this season.

Is this some kind of a record since the amalgamation of the central and Ayrshire leagues?

Come next Saturday the 22nd of November when we play kilwinning rangers at home in the Scottish cup I won't have seen my team play out of Ayrshire so far this season.

Is this some kind of a record since the amalgamation of the central and Ayrshire leagues?

It's quite surprising when you first think about it, but then when you consider that there are only four non-Ayrshire teams in your league then maybe it's not such an unusual thing.

Broke down on my way to dalmellington (craigmark) a few years ago so never been there. Nor have I seen us play at Mayboles ground (couldn't make the Ayrshire cup tie a couple years ago) think I've been everywhere else in Ayrshire.

Were you not at our scottish cup tie against Ardeer at Greenfield earlier in the season...?

It's quite surprising when you first think about it, but then when you consider that there are only four non-Ayrshire teams in your league then

maybe it's not such an unusual thing.

It does show a numerical power balance towards Ayrshire teams in our league and when you throw in a west of Scotland cup draw at home to Carluke and a Scottish cup draw at home to Cumbernauld then it all adds up to us having never left Ayrshire at least until the 22nd of November.

D'oh ! So I was. :blink:

I'll shut up now. :shutup:oops

Don't worry glens,at least your memory lapse has given folk the opportunity to be involved in yet another imaginative thread,and I'm sure we all look forward to tomorrow's contribution...'People you've never met at a Junior game / who's Wullie Harvey?' :)

Don't worry glens,at least your memory lapse has given folk the opportunity to be involved in yet another imaginative thread,and I'm sure we all look forward to tomorrow's contribution...'People you've never met at a Junior game / who's Wullie Harvey?' :)

Believe me, he wishes he's never met me. :thumsup2

Been to the teams in our league and a few others lower leagues,Talbot Ashfield and Meadow,Pollok years ago when I used to watch Spartans,don't think I'll be watching anyone the morra as the rain is bucketing down here for hours and looks as tho it's on for the night.

I've done fairly well at the age of twenty-four - in the West have only yet to see us play Wishaw, Rossvale, Royal Albert (have played twice though I lived in Aberdeen at the time), Forth Wanderers and Newmains United. I have however not been to St. Anthony's, Blantyre Victoria, and Vale of Leven - have only seen us in a friendly against Vale.

Oakley is the only Fife junior ground i haven't been to but with rain lashing down in Dunfermline just now my hopes of scoring it off the list tomorrow are fast receding.

U will b fine m8. Oakley never bn rained Aff in 30 years. Only falls foul to snow and heavy frost

Will b heavy underfoot through the middle bug the wings will b perfect

Archived