• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rado

Watson fojut morris townsend

Paton telfer/Dillion

Dow Erskine Connolly

Me.

That would be my team today, I'm feeling a bit rough so we'll play Ciftci.

No idea what to expect today, but it's now or never for 3/4 players.

Does anyone else think it would be worth giving Dillon a shot up front?

I'd love to see oor Sean grab a hat-trick but he's too much of a team player and wouldn't want to demoralise Ciftci further.

While obviously hoping "dire" is wide of the mark, I'm lulled into a feeling that I'd prefer us to drop points at Tannadice and save the big performances for the following weekend. Hopefully not an attitude prevalent in the dressing room - I think we'd all prefer a group trying to play themselves into the Cup team.

Words fail me.

I would like to see Butcher given a game to replace Rankin, and I would also like to see a midfield attacking three of Erskine, Telfer and Connolly with Ciftci upfront. Back four should be Dillon, Fojut, Morris and Townsend.

Words fail me.

OK, put it this way. We're currently pretty comfortable in the league and I honestly don't see us repeating last year's great escape. We're not going to win it, though, and I don't think we'll make the Euro places. On recent form, I can't see us getting a result, although I'll be delighted if we do.

The cup, however, is a realistic hope for us, and quite a few other sides. If you look at the fixtures, whoever gets through will find a lot less top clubs in the draw for the next round. I quite fancy laying my Cup Final hoodoo, and this could be a good chance for it.

Archived