Jackie Mc's Goslings Vs AJ's Stuttering Ayrshiremen

I, for one, am shocked that we created and missed several chances before conceding an equaliser.

Utd facebook commentary saying Pascali scored for Killie? May be wrong as it's very half-arsed today. Ladbrokes, Soccerway and Sky Sports all not updating properly and LiveScores doesn't know the scorers, wtf is going on today?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely football from utd but a lot of bad decisions while on breakaways and we didn't test the keeper that much. Great 3rd goal. Armstrong and telfer were outstanding.

Killie were dirty but fought hard. Breathed easier after our 3rd.

Just back. Should have buried the game long before we did, and it got nervy in the last 15 minutes as poor decisions and slack play ensued.

Much better performance all in all though. Armstrong looked much much better today. GMS still a bit meh, and Ciftci did well the first half, but the second he looked fcuked but Jackie left him on and he became his frustrating best!

IMHO Telfer should stay in the team. Much better passing the ball about with him in the middle.

ps - oh yeah, and Jamie Hamill once again proved what an utter cretin he is. Little surprise.

If you want an example of a team totally dominating but still winning a little bit unconvincingly that was it. We had two or three spells of playing really good, fast attacking football but didn't make our chances count. With ten minutes to go I thought to myself "there will be another goal to come" but at that time it wouldn't have surprised me if it was a scrappy Kilmarnock equaliser. A win is a win and it was a good three points but we need to be more ruthless in front of goal and work on some of our decision making.

Despite the sponsors giving man of the match to Fojut (a blatant ploy of getting their photographs taken with him!) I thought Telfer, Erskine and (thank f**k finally) Armstrong were all excellent for us. It should be difficult for Rankin to get back into the team now if Armstrong and Telfer keep that level of performance up.

Ciftci is someone who I am running out of patience with completely. He can do the most amazing things and score goals out of nowhere but for the other 90% of the time he doesn't look interested and has a terrible attitude (I could go on but I would simply be repeating what has been said a million times before). If we can get money for GMS in January I would be tempted to take it, he just doesn't look like he wants to be here anymore.

Think that's unfair on gms who was very effective and as usual booted every time he went past someone. Shifty was good in the first half and certainly worked hard - dropped deep to collect the ball and I even saw him fill in a t left back. However he made a lot of poor decisions later on and was arguing with his own players again by the end.

I don't really agree on GMS, I thought he was lacking any real effort and although he did have a couple of good runs he was largely ineffective and didn't cover defensively when we didn't have the ball. If you compare him to the other midfielders today he was miles off the pace.

Could've went either way at the end because we didn't take our early chances, fortunately we scored a third rather than them equalising. The reaction from the crowd when Ciftci went off is an indication how frustrated fans are getting with him.

Erskine, Telfer, Armstrong and Townsend all played well, GMS better than he's been but that wouldn't be hard. Fojut as MOM was a joke, two or three really needless fouls today in areas where he didn't need to make the challenge.

Important win, pity the other results didn't go our way.

Finally, we played some really nice football today, as good as I've seen this season.

Deserved result although, despite Kilmarnock not offering a lot going forward, I was worried towards to the end they might have snuck a draw.

Telfer was probably my MOTM, good control of the ball and a fine range of passing. Rest of the attacking players were pretty decent overall as well, I thought. Think people are being a bit harsh on GMS, honestly.

Main annoyance (as per usual) was some of Ciftci's decision making. Made some beautiful passes, and then when everyone can see the ball to play, he tries to take on 3 players and shoots straight into one of them. Maddening at times. :lol:

As for Kilmarnock, Hamill was fun as ever to watch. :lol: Johnston looked fairly lively when he came on, any reason he wasn't on from the start?

A very good win today. We started both halves very well but faded a bit in each and the game became pretty scrappy at times. We dominated a large part of the second half but our failure to take advantage of that and open a two goal lead at that point left us very uncomfortable when we fell away a bit. The Killie equaliser was a bit of a shambles defensively from our point of view though.

Armstrong was excellent and it was superb to see him charging forward with the ball and creating chances for us again. I thought Erskine was brilliant in the first half and was once again involved in our first half goals. His pass to Spittal for Connolly was a great piece of play too. I thought Telfer was a bit hesitant at times in the first half and struggled to affect proceedings enough but was instrumental in the first 20 minutes of the second half when we were in control. Didn't really agree with Fojut getting the man of the match, I thought he and Morris were alright but that's all. I was far more impressed by Dillon and Paton.

GMS was very poor in the first 15 minutes as he really seemed off the pace, struggling to get back and help cover the defence and his first touch was awful. He got better as the game went on but he was barely involved for long periods apart from the odd exciting driving run forward.

Ciftci is a nightmare at the moment. You can see what he brings to the team with his goal, it was an excellent finish, but the amount of times he got into a great position, had support but he held onto the ball for too long, didn't pass then just ran straight into a defender and squandered the chance was ridiculous today. Our support is getting really frustrated with him now.

Ciftci, scored a great goal, created chances and worked hard until he was fucked. You can't complain about a performance like that. Yeah he made a few bad decisions, but he was a lot better than he's been in recent games.

Good to see the quiff back to his best. Jmac's going to have a bit of a head ache picking next week's team.

Ciftci, scored a great goal, created chances and worked hard until he was fucked. You can't complain about a performance like that. Yeah he made a few bad decisions, but he was a lot better than he's been in recent games.

Good to see the quiff back to his best. Jmac's going to have a bit of a head ache picking next week's team.

Especially with Spittal and Connolly coming on and making an impact too. The really big decision he's got next week is who goes up front with Ciftci suspended and Bilate injured. Again.

I think it'll end up being Erskine.

Think that's unfair on gms who was very effective and as usual booted every time he went past someone. Shifty was good in the first half and certainly worked hard - dropped deep to collect the ball and I even saw him fill in a t left back. However he made a lot of poor decisions later on and was arguing with his own players again by the end.

Aye, there's nothing wrong with Nadir's work ethic, it's the decision-making which lets him down.Wants to do far too much all on his own.

He's a wonderful talent though.

Archived