SNP Conference 2014

ForzaDundee

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only on P&B could a thread descend into bickering over which side is more seething than the other.

let's be honest both sides are seething. The NCC are seething because the majority of the voting electorate wish to remain in the UK, and the Unionists are seething because to this date the establishment has had no answer to the uprising of Nat clowns since the referendum

Colkitto, on 14 Nov 2014 - 10:02, said:Colkitto, on 14 Nov 2014 - 10:02, said:

I'm not embarrassed about anything, all I'm doing is giving my opinion that I believe there will be another referendum in the next Scottish parly term.

I need to go back to this because I can't be arsed trawling through the thread for an answer.

Do you seriously want this to happen? Do you honestly think that enough time would have passed in order to swing almost 400,000 people?

I need to go back to this because I can't be arsed trawling through the thread for an answer.

Do you seriously want this to happen? Do you honestly think that enough time would have passed in order to swing almost 400,000 people?

If the conditions are right then yes we should be aiming to have another referendum in 4 or 5 years time.

Support for independence hasn't decreased since September, in fact opinion polls suggest an increase in support and I believe YouGov poll showed it now stands at 51%.

With a surge in support for pro-independence parties, especially the SNP, then that augers well for a referendum in the next Scots parly term.

Less than 2 years ago polling for a Yes vote was consistently in the low 30's. We ended up in the mid-40's when the vote actually took place.

Forgetting opinion polls, all we require is 6% to take us over the finishing line as it stood on the 19th September.

If we can jump 12%-15% in 2 years don't you believe we can jump another 6% in 4 or 5 years? Even considering what could be coming down the line such as another Tory Government, failure to deliver substantial powers and possibly leaving the EU.

There is much to play for and events could trigger another independence referendum. I'm not saying we should have another regardless, but we can't afford to rule it out.

I believe it will happen in the next parly term, but that's only my opinion.

If the conditions are right then yes we should be aiming to have another referendum in 4 or 5 years time.

Support for independence hasn't decreased since September, in fact opinion polls suggest an increase in support and I believe YouGov poll showed it now stands at 51%.

With a surge in support for pro-independence parties, especially the SNP, then that augers well for a referendum in the next Scots parly term.

Less than 2 years ago polling for a Yes vote was consistently in the low 30's. We ended up in the mid-40's when the vote actually took place.

Forgetting opinion polls, all we require is 6% to take us over the finishing line as it stood on the 19th September.

If we can jump 12%-15% in 2 years don't you believe we can jump another 6% in 4 or 5 years? Even considering what could be coming down the line such as another Tory Government, failure to deliver substantial powers and possibly leaving the EU.

There is much to play for and events could trigger another independence referendum. I'm not saying we should have another regardless, but we can't afford to rule it out.

I believe it will happen in the next parly term, but that's only my opinion.

:lol:

Never heard that one before.. <_<

Can't afford to rule it out? You can't afford to do anything else. I'm sure saying it like 6% makes it all nice and stuff, but that is still hundreds of thousands of people. In a relatively small time scale.

If there was another referendum in that timeframe, I'm certain that not many of us would see an independent Scotland in our lifetime.

Can't afford to rule it out? You can't afford to do anything else. I'm sure saying it like 6% makes it all nice and stuff, but that is still hundreds of thousands of people. In a relatively small time scale.

If there was another referendum in that timeframe, I'm certain that not many of us would see an independent Scotland in our lifetime.

12%-15% is even more hundreds of thousands of people but we still managed it in a smaller time-frame.

I'm sure the SNP leadership will make sure it's winnable before they do anything. All I'm saying is I believe by the time we get to 2018/19 we will be going for another referendum and events will dictate that by then.

I'm sure the SNP leadership will make sure it's winnable before they do anything. All I'm saying is I believe by the time we get to 2018/19 we will be going for another referendum and events will dictate that by then.

Tick tock

Another referendum in the next ten years and I'll actually cringe tbh.

Ten years is a respectable time. Obviously it depends on circumstance, but none of us are getting any younger.....

Archived