Bait Car

SANTAN

Anyone watched this before? It's on CBS Reality, American police leave a nice car in a deprived neighbourhood, keys in the ignition and then arrest the people who try and steal it, they have remote control access to lock the car down when they want and then they storm in with their guns out. It's highly unethical yet compulsive viewing, mainly for the sheer disbelief that this is actually allowed to happen. I just saw one where a prostitute got in the car (someone else had stole it) and they let her go as her intention was prostitution not theft.

Magnificent.

I can see why it's popular but the show is morally despicable. They're creating crime for cheap TV ratings.

Car theft in America is a felony and can carry a sentence of up to 5 years in prison.

The targets of the show are not all hardened criminals, some of them are teenagers with no previous convictions. These young guys might have never committed a crime if such an easy target had not been made available.

They are being easily tricked into destroying their lives so a TV company can make quick money.

Rant over.

I can see why it's popular but the show is morally despicable. They're creating crime for cheap TV ratings.

Car theft in America is a felony and can carry a sentence of up to 5 years in prison.

The targets of the show are not all hardened criminals, some of them are teenagers with no previous convictions. These young guys might have never committed a crime if such an easy target had not been made available.

They are being easily tricked into destroying their lives so a TV company can make quick money.

Rant over.

Totally agree. They create criminals and then act like they're preventing crime. The one I watched earlier they actually referenced how it'd be good for their arrest ratios. It's the complete opposite of crime prevention. Tempting fate whilst exposing human natures vulnerabilitys to achieve moral superiority. It's laughably mental.

Imagine the Quatar bait rape equivalent!

Archived