Football matches are like buses - Spartans vs Morton

Simplistic

Never played Morton in our 63 year history (continuous) then we play them twice in a season!

Quite happy though. Enjoyed our trip West in July so nice to host this time. Will the Morton fans bring through a decent following?

Losing our captain due to a really harsh red card during injury time is a blow, but hopefully we will make a good account of ourselves and show what we are capable of. Morton know what we are about though which means we don't have the element of surprise in this one.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never played Morton in our 63 year history (continuous) then we play them twice in a season!

Quite happy though. Enjoyed our trip West in July so nice to host this time. Will the Morton fans bring through a decent following?

Losing our captain due to a really harsh red card during injury time is a blow, but hopefully we will make a good account of ourselves and show what we are capable of. Morton know what we are about though which means we don't have the element of surprise in this one.

I'd expect about 400 to come through given the novelty aspect of going to a ground we've never visited before. We'll be missing Declan McManus again, although I'd hope Duffy speaks to Derek McInnes about the possibliity of including him in the squad late on should Dundee knock Aberdeen out in the lunchtime kick off.

Doesn't look like we'll have too many problems getting there from the centre of Edinburgh, but what's the pub situation around the ground?

I'd expect about 400 to come through given the novelty aspect of going to a ground we've never visited before. We'll be missing Declan McManus again, although I'd hope Duffy speaks to Derek McInnes about the possibliity of including him in the squad late on should Dundee knock Aberdeen out in the lunchtime kick off.

Doesn't look like we'll have too many problems getting there from the centre of Edinburgh, but what's the pub situation around the ground?

Think Spiers on Ferry Road is the closest decent pub. About 15 minute walk or couple of stops on the bus. There is a bar at the ground but would not expect that to be open to general public for the game. Sure Simplistic will be able to confirm on that.

Edit: Should have asked how McManus is doing. Never been that impressed when he played for the Dons first team but he did have a good record for U21s.

I'd expect a big Morton support as there's a lot of supporters relocated to Embra

I'll be going through with kids and a few mates with their kids some of us from Inverclyde, some living in the a East

Also Spartans set up and structure is really impressive and it's important that people show their respect for this and support it by going along if they can - make it a special location and showing people the strength of the Morton support

And by the way, Spartans supporters, I won't be taking a Morton win for granted!

What's the capacity at Spartans ground and does anyone know about tickets yet?

I'd expect a big Morton support as there's a lot of supporters relocated to Embra

I'll be going through with kids and a few mates with their kids some of us from Inverclyde, some living in the a East

Also Spartans set up and structure is really impressive and it's important that people show their respect for this and support it by going along if they can - make it a special location and showing people the strength of the Morton support

And by the way, Spartans supporters, I won't be taking a Morton win for granted!

What's the capacity at Spartans ground and does anyone know about tickets yet?

No it's not.

To answer a few,

The closest Bars are Spiers bar and the Telford arms. Both about 10 mins brisk walk from the ground.

The bar at the ground will be for special guests only I'd think. the capacity of the bar is about 140 I believe so for a game like this we have to restrict entry.

Capacity is 3500 as stated above. I don't know ticket details but will share as soon as I can. will be announced first on our twitter feed.

Look forward to a healthy Morton crowd making the trip. Enjoyed our trip trough to Greenock in July. And I'm sure your chairman won't feel the need to break into the ground to measure it

Had a look on Google maps..

Parking at/near ground please.

Access from ring road gyle looks clockwise along telfer road, is it doable by car?

Coming from west you would be better using the M9 and heading into Edinburgh from forth bridge cut off.past cramond and then straight along ferry road.

Coming from west you would be better using the M9 and heading into Edinburgh from forth bridge cut off.past cramond and then straight along ferry road.

Parking is ok. There is the leisure centre car park if you are lucky. Plenty on street and a big Morrisons down the road.

Thanks chaps.

• 2 weeks later...

To answer a few,

The closest Bars are Spiers bar and the Telford arms. Both about 10 mins brisk walk from the ground.

The bar at the ground will be for special guests only I'd think. the capacity of the bar is about 140 I believe so for a game like this we have to restrict entry.

Capacity is 3500 as stated above. I don't know ticket details but will share as soon as I can. will be announced first on our twitter feed.

Look forward to a healthy Morton crowd making the trip. Enjoyed our trip trough to Greenock in July. And I'm sure your chairman won't feel the need to break into the ground to measure it

I don't say this contentiously but Spartans' wiki page has the capacity down at 3,000:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartans_F.C.

May be worth getting it updated.

The new TV tower probably knocks about 50 off the over all capacity? Mind you they'd have to be fairly cosy.

I hope the weather stays dry, can't wait for us to revenge yous knocking us out of that petrified training cup or whatever it is called?

Looking forward to a great weekend, win lose or draw I'll be getting a few pints down me neck after the match.

Grimbo

Archived