Abstract thoughts.

SANTAN

If you took it up the arse without knowing its sex, and it turned out to be a billy, would that make you gay or just not very fussy?

There's a story about a mental hospital where one of the patients had had sex with a sheep. Someone asked him "was it a male or female sheep?" and he replied "Female, I'm not some sort of bloody poofter".

My abstract thought is: if you do something but no-one knows about it, have you done it? Unless one other person knows about it? Does it make me a bad person?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a story about a mental hospital where one of the patients had had sex with a sheep. Someone asked him "was it a male or female sheep?" and he replied "Female, I'm not some sort of bloody poofter".

My abstract thought is: if you do something but no-one knows about it, have you done it? Unless one other person knows about it? Does it make me a bad person?

That story and that abstract thought are not unrelated are they Chris?

Butterfly effect, how far does it actually go? When I was 6 years old my mum made me a sandwich, if she hadn't cut the crusts then my train of thought would have been completely different therefore it's likely my actions would have been different. Maybe the slightest of actions could have the biggest of impacts.

Butterfly effect, how far does it actually go? When I was 6 years old my mum made me a sandwich, if she hadn't cut the crusts then my train of thought would have been completely different therefore it's likely my actions would have been different. Maybe the slightest of actions could have the biggest of impacts.

Then you wouldn't have grown up a spoiled brat.

As a child I used to wonder if I hadn't bothered coming to a match I'd attended and we'd been beaten, if the result would've been different if I'd stayed at home.

I grew out of that thought process a few weeks ago though.

But probably would have been a celtic supporter.

I literally wrote that i could have been a celtc fan but thought that was stretching it..

As a child I used to wonder if I hadn't bothered coming to a match I'd attended and we'd been beaten, if the result would've been different if I'd stayed at home.

I grew out of that thought process a few weeks ago though.

I totally do the same.

Reminds me of when Lampards goal against the Germans was wrongly disallowed, people would say "aye but they still scored four!"

On my first birthday, my mum was 30 times older than me. On my fifth birthday, she was seven times older than me. On my tenth birthday, she was four times older, on the 20th she was two and a half times older and when I'm 30 I'll be half her age. The difference in years doesn't change though obviously.

I don't know if this is the right place for this (that last post almost certainly isn't either but f**k it). We're always trying to work out how everything began, what if it just always has? We can't get our head around the idea of something moving through space and it never coming to and endpoint, so what if time is like that too? Maybe the solar system has always existed and always will.

Do fragrances change with the times? Take music as an example, it's evolved over the years and you can pin point different eras in time to different sounds, can you do the same with fragrances, could an expert smell a bottle and know it's from 1971 due to the distinct smell. If so then over time does society's taste in smell (lol) develop or is it just continuous marketing and rebranding.

I don't know if this is the right place for this (that last post almost certainly isn't either but f**k it). We're always trying to work out how everything began, what if it just always has? We can't get our head around the idea of something moving through space and it never coming to and endpoint, so what if time is like that too? Maybe the solar system has always existed and always will.

I like it. With the whole we cant comprehend infinity discussion it makes me wonder if we as humans have reached the pinnacle of our evolution? A Neanderthals brain was literally incapable of processing most of the information we can, they died out and we came along like an upgraded version. Maybe we as humans have reached our limits, we'll never be capable of understanding things like time travel etc. We will just die out and thousands of years later the next group will come along with bigger brains, like an upgraded version. Scoffing at the notion of not being able to comprehend simple things like infinity.

I like it. With the whole we cant comprehend infinity discussion it makes me wonder if we as humans have reached the pinnacle of our evolution? A Neanderthals brain was literally incapable of processing most of the information we can, they died out and we came along like an upgraded version. Maybe we as humans have reached our limits, we'll never be capable of understanding things like time travel etc. We will just die out and thousands of years later the next group will come along with bigger brains, like an upgraded version. Scoffing at the notion of not being able to comprehend simple things like infinity.

the thought of people looking back on us in 100 years time in a similar way we look at say the peopl from Victorian Britain has always fascinated me.wonder what they will find stranges, funny abdout our current lifestyle

the thought of people looking back on us in 100 years time in a similar way we look at say the peopl from Victorian Britain has always fascinated me.wonder what they will find stranges, funny abdout our current lifestyle

apologies for the typos in this post but for some reason i cant edit it :lol:

The selfish barstewards used all the crude oil has always been my bet in a how the Americans shot all the bison herds sort of way.

Same here, I think I commented very similar earlier in the thread. Even the fact we'll be "Elizabethans" is weird to me. Just think how shit they'll think our entertainment is. Will this post still be around? A rapper I like posted on the Twitter a while back 'If in the future my grandchildren are researching their grandad and find this just know I fúcked bitchés and made money' :lol:

Except we do know that the solar system hasn't always existed and that it won't last for ever either. :P

If god can do anything, can he make a rock so big that even he can't lift it ?

When you find something it is always in the last place you look

That last one is a bit shit. You're not going to continue looking for something once you find it are you? That's not abstract, it's just common sense.

Archived