Abstract thoughts.

SANTAN

I dont think it would be as enjoyable. half the fun of childhood was the innocence and ignorance to half the things that was going on around you . the joy of finding things out and investegating new sort of things, f**k being 5,6,7 etc and whilst all yer mates are climbing trees , jumping in puddles, playing free for all football, building dens etc all the whilst you are wondering what is going on at the latest labour/libdem/tory conference and what cuts they have planned after the next general election and how it could effect your future employment oppurtunities. :lol:

Yeah everything up to the point where you started again would be shite. It'd be weird for me to go back and experience the 90's, which has such rose tinted nostalgia to it. I bet if I went through it again everything would just seem totally normal and therefore my first, real childhood would be ruined in my mind.

I like this one, of course as you say Butterfly effect would change everything. If you could rewind 5 years rather than the whole life would you make friends with your mates early?

"Umm in three years time we become best mates, now I know you've never seen me before but believe me" :lol:

When I've thought about this before, I've played out situations you talk about in my head.

I've imagined myself putting my application for student halls in the post-box, after desperately scrambling together an educated guess at the exact date and time I put it in the post-box the first time. Then I've discovered I failed and I don't have my room in a block full of sound c***s, but I'm in the next block full of wankers.

It would be pretty hard to make friends with the original mates I had if instead of thinking "he's the guy in flat two, room 1", they're thinking "he's a guy that hangs around here but doesn't even live here".

Someone should make a film about this shit.

ETA: Never mind, Back To The Future.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah everything up to the point where you started again would be shite. It'd be weird for me to go back and experience the 90's, which has such rose tinted nostalgia to it. I bet if I went through it again everything would just seem totally normal and therefore my first, real childhood would be ruined in my mind.

When I've thought about this before, I've played out situations you talk about in my head.

I've imagined myself putting my application for student halls in the post-box, after desperately scrambling together an educated guess at the exact date and time I put it in the post-box the first time. Then I've discovered I failed and I don't have my room in a block full of sound c***s, but I'm in the next block full of wankers.

It would be pretty hard to make friends with the original mates I had if instead of thinking "he's the guy in flat two, room 1", they're thinking "he's a guy that hangs around here but doesn't even live here".

Someone should make a film about this shit.

ETA: Never mind, Back To The Future.

I've thought similar, I always wonder how much effect little things would have. I think I give too much credit to the butterfly effect as in I literally think watching an extra episode of a tv show changes your life completely. I think you could create algorithms for this shit until the world is just a string of numbers, sums of probability.

This conversation would definitely not happen if either of us went back imo. Or maybe it would but you would be sitting in Spain typing on your hudl and I would be sitting in Edinbragh eating beans?

Love thinking about this, if your teacher wasn't hungover one day maybe you'd be a millionaire.

The butterfly effect freaks my nut out.

I always wonder if one person going to a football game could change the result i.e. somebody catches the ball and throws it back in a way that inadvertently leads to the whole course of the game being different.

What if time is actually running backwards and in a "normal" universe consequences precede the action.

Instead of having to fret and point fingers of blame, we would simply accept what has happened and perform the required causational actions. Seems far more logical to me.

When does an early goal in football just become a goal?

Is it better to be drunk but everyone thinks you're sober, or be sober but everyone thinks your drunk?

Whenever a conversation about dick length rears its head, why is it always expressed in inches? Nobody ever whips out the metric system when the topic comes up.

Who would win in a fight - a man-eating bear or a bear-eating man?

If Lance Armstrong hadn't been such an abusive arsehole to a lot of people whilst being a drug cheat, and if he performed it all himself with nobody helping him to break the rules, then wouldn't it be better if it was all kept a secret and he was still a hero?

His was the most inspirational story of triumph over adversity in sports history and many people were encouraged by it. Not to mention the fact that his charities raised a lot of money for cancer research.

I've just always wondered about that. What would it be like if nobody ever found out?

See if there was somehow a list of all the people who would've happily shagged you if you'd tried it, but didn't, would you want to see it?

In theory I can't see what good could come from it. Either A) there'd be loads of names on it (possibly including some worldies) and you'd be fuming at yourself, or B) the list would be quite small, and your confidence would take a beating. There's also the chance of some really awkward names being on it like one of your mates or your Primary Three teacher.

I think I'd still have to look though, even if I know it's a daft idea to do so.

Archived