Lok's Bar & Kitchen has opened

pollokfan87

Fairly sure it has hee-haw to do with the club, but fair play to them for using some Pollok-related names. They'll just be hoping that none of these mad Ayrshire mobs come up for the usual end-of-season cup finals at Newlandsfield!!!!

Only kidding, gents!

Buyer (Matthew reilly) is not a football man. He owns a few pubs in the local area (allison arms and pretty sure the Victoria bar too)

As has been said, loose affiliation with the club obviously with the name and obviously they'll be benefitting from a lot of custom from fans at the ground.

From what I kniw, the money Pollok will make will be from the section of the car park that they still own that the new establishment has acquired on an initial ten year lease. They're building an extension of some sort in it and I think using some of the parking spaces.

Good to have something open there again anyway. The social club had had its day and was no longer financially viable but was good to have somewhere to jump in for a pint right next door. Was in loks on Saturday and it seemed decent enough. Wish them all the best with it

Pollok sold the social club to a 3rd party a few years back, 2012 maybe?

Disappointing to read that. There goes my dreams of someone to properly challenge the Bot hegemony in the West (although Medda are having a good stab at it this year).

At least this means there's somewhere more than decent to go for a pint before, during & after matches.

Disappointing to read that. There goes my dreams of someone to properly challenge the Bot hegemony in the West (although Medda are having a good stab at it this year).

At least this means there's somewhere more than decent to go for a pint before, during & after matches.

Will be interesting to see if those who had to go elsewhere while it was shut actually go back. The Quaich in Shawlands certainly benefited from the social club's demise.

Buyer (Matthew reilly) is not a football man. He owns a few pubs in the local area (allison arms and pretty sure the Victoria bar too)

As has been said, loose affiliation with the club obviously with the name and obviously they'll be benefitting from a lot of custom from fans at the ground.

From what I kniw, the money Pollok will make will be from the section of the car park that they still own that the new establishment has acquired on an initial ten year lease. They're building an extension of some sort in it and I think using some of the parking spaces.

Good to have something open there again anyway. The social club had had its day and was no longer financially viable but was good to have somewhere to jump in for a pint right next door. Was in loks on Saturday and it seemed decent enough. Wish them all the best with it

It was viable when the Talbot played there! Could you not ask to play us every week?

Will be interesting to see if those who had to go elsewhere while it was shut actually go back. The Quaich in Shawlands certainly benefited from the social club's demise.

Personally, I'll probably stick to the quaich but will certainly pop into loks occasionally given its proximity

Not sure if it is exactly the same target customer.

For those asking about prices, the website has full restaurant and bar menu available .

I think on match days they will make some money due to how close it is to the ground, but I don't think it looks like it is aiming to rely on that customer like the pollok club would have.

Not been in yet, but some of my family have been and they were certainly impressed by the improvements. It certainly adds to the area when people are looking for decent venues for birthday/anniversary celebrations. As over the years venues like that have diminished in the south side leaving it mostly bowling clubs. However this looks like it could offer a nice alternative.

Archived