Berwick v East Fife.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't have had enough to drink yesterday because my usual post match reaction on here still makes some sense.

There are 2 things that characterise Cameron's Berwick team. The first is an inability to create too many clear cut chances when we dominate possession. That suggests a lack of punch up front. But sometimes, as yesterday, you have to accept that opposition teams defend well. EF did so yesterday, and in those circumstances you may need to win scruffy or rely on Lavery's brilliant howitzer strikes out of nothing.

The 2nd thing is our astonishing internal cock-up of the year competition. Hoskins hopelessly inadequate grab at an attackers shirt as he inexplicably fell over; the sudden disappearance of defenders to leave a free header; Bald's grotesque grasp of geometry when positioning for a free kick and his useless flap in the last seconds; Paul Curries wobbly legs not communicating with his brain despite busting a gut to get back in defence at the death.

Indidual mistakes of comical, unpredictable and unacceptable proportions continually cost us those "scruffy" wins. They happen in our favour occasionally,but.nowhere near as often as we commit them ourselves.

For me, it means the defenders who look comfortable for 89 minutes, but piss-poor for 1, aren't good enough. It never happens with Steve Notman.

The midfield was poor yesterday but I'm less worried about them than the defence. There are several options for CC to boost midfield which has generally been good this season. At the back, he needs to get Jacobs Fairbairn and Andrews back. Sorry Billy Bald, but you can't do what you did yesterday and retain the shirt.

As for the "losing the dressing room" rumours, we fans can't know the truth there. Seemed OK at Shire last week.

Will CC till be here for his 'talk in'?

We needs results soon.

Back shift on Friday so will miss his thing but his comments will be of interest to everyone I am sure not least us the fans.

Annan is a must win or I think he will be shown the door.

Time for some togetherness but if the rumours are right I think his double header will be his last bit of action as the DT Gaffer.

Archived