Hamilton Accies VS The Stuttering Saints

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theyve Been a fan for alot longer than you matey - I can guarantee that - and prob alot younger than you as well (unless you had a hard paper round when you were younger)

Wait, what?

If they don't care anymore then they're not fans, regardless of how long they've been fans in the past.

Some perspective is needed, St. Mirren have been far worse than they are now fairly recently - several times within the past decade. The future of the club was on a knife edge some of that time. People need to get a grip, if you can't handle this where were you when we had a crumbling stadium, large debts, and played in the second tier?

Yes we have been a lot worse - and we were there to witness it. (Pre 99-00) You weren't. I think people are perfectly entitled to be slightly apathetic towards us just now. Other teams around as are progressing - we are stagnating in what is an extremely poor league.

Wait, what?

If they don't care anymore then they're not fans, regardless of how long they've been fans in the past.

Some perspective is needed, St. Mirren have been far worse than they are now fairly recently - several times within the past decade. The future of the club was on a knife edge some of that time. People need to get a grip, if you can't handle this where were you when we had a crumbling stadium, large debts, and played in the second tier?

We're a sinking ship at the moment, if a change isn't made sooner rather than later we will be playing in the second tier of Scottish football next season.

Within the past decade we've not been in a worse state on the park. Our current squad would struggle in the championship.

Get a job you fucking sponger.

Not officially, but you'll probably get in as a concession if you ask. Be warned though, according to a few on here they have started cracking down on this recently.

So basically, ask and you may get lucky.

Cheers, didn't fancy paying £22 to watch us get humped tbh.

Pretty sure that was grass?

The 3g was laid in 2009 so you're probably right. My memory's fucking horrendous but struggling to think of a game we've won on a synthetic surface then.

Saints V Hamilton still the record attendance at the Excelsior though. B)

The 3g was laid in 2009 so you're probably right. My memory's fucking horrendous but struggling to think of a game we've won on a synthetic surface then.

Saints V Hamilton still the record attendance at the Excelsior though. B)

Didn't the new club take more there recently? Anyway, quite looking forward to this game.

If we lose our situation will go from worrying to... Very worrying. A win though and we will go back in touch with the pack. Accies had the honeymoon period of all honeymoon periods, but seem to be going back to reality now. As often happens with new teams in the second round of fixtures.

Should be an interesting encounter. I hope at least one of our six missing first choice players are back today, any one of them would greatly improve our chances. Will plump for an edgy 1-1.

That's possibly why people are so pissed. We've no longer got any of that, the off-field is as sorted as it has been for 25 years, yet we're struggling in the weakest top flight in decades.

There is no excuse for the shit we're putting up with on the pitch. At least back in 1996 or 2003 there was some excuse- the club was struggling financially, shysters were trying to buy us at times, but even then the club would fight for a victory and actually win some home games and score occasionally, even if it was against Brechin and Stranraer. People went to games as the club was struggling and needed the gate money more than today.

This season we've played 7 at home, lost 6, drawn 1 and only scored 3 goals, 2 of those in the drawn game. It is frustrating that we binned Lennon due to poor signings and form, only to appoint a manager that is taking us backwards to the second tier and I fully understand those that have thought "f*** this".

It's not the fair weather guys any more but it seems to be the core support who are having enough which is worrying. I'm not one for hiring and firing managers, but at some point you have to see the writing on the wall.

Gus had a habit of winning games just before AGMs, Q&As and the like so maybe Tommy will pull the same trick today.

Brian McLean though - Jesus. Was worried when people suggested his name in the last few years and he's only got worse since then. However, it shows how bad we are that he'd probably improve things at the back. Imagine him paired with Cheesy...

On b&w army twitter feed.... Standby for some interesting team news today.

Has Brian McLean already signed and goes straight into the starting 11??

I'm guessing it's that or a surprise return from injury - either McGinn or God.

Of course, another surprise would be Tommy's memory playing up and forgetting Goodwin is suspended.

I'm guessing it's that or a surprise return from injury - either McGinn or God.

Of course, another surprise would be Tommy's memory playing up and forgetting Goodwin is suspended.

I've now heard it's Thommo who will be on the bench but unlikely to feature.

Archived