Rob Roy v Pollok , Guy's Meadow ,Cumbernauld , Sat Nov 15th, 2pm

RobRoyGuy

What tackle from Findlay? He took as much as he was given today, but the difference is gets on with it. A superb player and reminds me of Andy Mclay.

Felt today we won the game in the first 20 minutes so the urgency dropped after that, but we were in complete control and could have stepped up again if need be. Was disappointed by KRR, not sure where that performance ranks in their season so far, but we have had a lot tougher games than today so far this season.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What tackle from Findlay? He took as much as he was given today, but the difference is gets on with it. A superb player and reminds me of Andy Mclay.

Felt today we won the game in the first 20 minutes so the urgency dropped after that, but we were in complete control and could have stepped up again if need be. Was disappointed by KRR, not sure where that performance ranks in their season so far, but we have had a lot tougher games than today so far this season.

In the middle of the pitch second half . My opinion and a few round me thought the same.Not a bad player but nowhere near the class of Andy McClay and never will be again my opinion.

I told you we were not the finished article , some way off it . I also said and would do very well do get a draw today , but you kept going on about how you would be happy with a point something i couldn't understand.

We are very much a work in progress , i have said this all season, a very young team bar one or two players who despite today's result have had a good start to the season. Would happily take 3rd now and a shot in a playoff.

We have played better this season than today but also played worse. We did alright today just came up against a more experienced side with a bit more quality . Scottish tie for us next week anything in that is a bonus and then back focusing on the league and see if we can get another wee run going.

Big game, good atmosphere Rob Roy were very good, Pollok were sublime. The visitors took an early lead when Winters

showed great awareness on the 6yd line to blast home an inviting right wing cross from the very classy Tom Hanlon.

Pollok doubled their lead half way through the 1st half when McKenzie sprinted away from the home defence, squared

the ball to McAleenan who hit a screamer past Johnny Murdoch from around 20yds.

Best for the home side were Finnegan, McKenzie, Brogan, Aitken, & Duff, who IMO was the best player on the park.

Pollok were a joy to watch, no nonsense defence, skillfull hard working midfield, very dangerous up front.

Officials handled the game very well. Decent sized crowd.

The tackle in the middle of the park was just a committed tackle - but your player stayed down to try and make more of it. 2 minutes later up on his feet like nothing happened.

Your bench was the same when a foul happened in the first half - up in arms trying to get the ref to react. As posted by NoD, your number 5 could have easily been sent off, but it's very easy to forgive and forget about your own players fouls and focus on the opponents. I thought it was a typical junior game with some touch tackles on a difficult pitch. The ref did ok, fussy at some points and a few dodgy offside calls from the assistants.

As someone who seem a lot of Mclay and is now seeing the performances that Findlay puts in as well as having goals in him I think he has the potential to be as important to Pollok as Mclay was for us. Very happy to have in our side.

The tackle in the middle of the park was just a committed tackle - but your player stayed down to try and make more of it. 2 minutes later up on his feet like nothing happened.

Your bench was the same when a foul happened in the first half - up in arms trying to get the ref to react. As posted by NoD, your number 5 could have easily been sent off, but it's very easy to forgive and forget about your own players fouls and focus on the opponents. I thought it was a typical junior game with some touch tackles on a difficult pitch. The ref did ok, fussy at some points and a few dodgy offside calls from the assistants.

As someone who seem a lot of Mclay and is now seeing the performances that Findlay puts in as well as having goals in him I think he has the potential to be as important to Pollok as Mclay was for us. Very happy to have in our side.

No point in getting into a big argument about mclay and frye, frye in playing in a pollok side in the super first for a start . So we can leave it at that and agree to disagree.

Hopefully when we play pollok again we have progressed a bit more as a team and can put in a better showing like other teams have against you's so far :rolleyes: .

No point in getting into a big argument about mclay and frye, frye in playing in a pollok side in the super first for a start . So we can leave it at that and agree to disagree.

Hopefully when we play pollok again we have progressed a bit more as a team and can put in a better showing like other teams have against you's so far :rolleyes: .

Frye is 22/23 plenty of years on his side to play on the premier for Pollok.

Hopefully for the return game you do put a bit more of a showing as the second half did get a bit boring...

Frye is 22/23 plenty of years on his side to play on the premier for Pollok.

Hopefully for the return game you do put a bit more of a showing as the second half did get a bit boring...

Yeah it was a bit , had a fair bit of the ball but we couldn't do anything with it . Fairly happy with our boys though and looking forward to the next few games .

Good look to the boy Frye he will need to to be the player McClay was.

Four stud marks down our players shin btw , nasty one so it seems.

Penalty looked soft from where i was, seeing it in super slow motion was probably a penalty. Didn't have much of a bearing on the game.

On the old social club side at least the club have somewhere to use after matches and for functions, I assume the club and the owners will have some sort of arrangement.

Penalty looked soft from where i was, seeing it in super slow motion was probably a penalty. Didn't have much of a bearing on the game.

On the old social club side at least the club have somewhere to use after matches and for functions, I assume the club and the owners will have some sort of arrangement.

All hospitality has always been done in the pavilion anyway, unless it was a really big game and the opposition had come a long way, in which case more of a spread would be done in the social club. You'd get some people - players mainly with Lok committee appearing in dribs and drabs - going on a for a drink after that but that was about it.

I've no idea how much is open on matchday but clearly the old bar area looks like a resaurant now. Be interesting to see how the function room has been transformed.

Archived