Your Teams Best Player So Far

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Andy Dowie and Chris Higgins we have two more than capable defenders at this level, but without Mark Durnan alongside them they appear considerably more shaky. So I would put him forward in the "you don't know how important he is until he's missing category".

Gavin Reilly is having his best season for us though and probably ticks most boxes for being chosen. His finishing has been much more clinical, and he has added aerial ability and strong hold-up play to his existing attributes.

Honourable mention to Dan Carmichael who is probably enjoying his most consistent form for us despite virtually being frozen out last season by Jim McIntyre.

Don't think anyone can disagree with what you've said but I would also add McShane to this as very few would have had him their team at the start of the season, now he must be one of the first names on the most people's team sheet.

Don't think anyone can disagree with what you've said but I would also add McShane to this as very few would have had him their team at the start of the season, now he must be one of the first names on the most people's team sheet.

Beat me to it Hawk. The difference between last season and this is unbelievable.

In Andy Dowie and Chris Higgins we have two more than capable defenders at this level, but without Mark Durnan alongside them they appear considerably more shaky. So I would put him forward in the "you don't know how important he is until he's missing category".

Gavin Reilly is having his best season for us though and probably ticks most boxes for being chosen. His finishing has been much more clinical, and he has added aerial ability and strong hold-up play to his existing attributes.

Honourable mention to Dan Carmichael who is probably enjoying his most consistent form for us despite virtually being frozen out last season by Jim McIntyre.

Yip, that's about the size of it.

Durnan also spent time sidelined by McIntyre of course.

A worst player thread would be much easier to comment on!

Exactly this ... Nade I don't see the big thing about him, personally I think he's an utter donkey, Scott looked like he could be the digger in the midfield that we needed, to then only get progressively worse every week, Perry the least said the better & then we have McKeown well just WOW, how this guy is a footballer god will only know ....

Conroy & Stewart (I'd say Cuthbert to but he barely played) are the only pass mark players for Raith imo, Conroy doesn't do much overall but is definitely worth being on the pitch for the set pieces and will chip in with goals, Mark Stewart ironically the one player people moaned about signing the most has been IMO our best signing easily and probably up their as our best player so far this season !

We've been pretty consistent in all areas (apart from goalkeeper) But the main improvement has been in front of goal and all the attacking players have chipped in. But Gavin Reilly has really stepped up this season and to be joint top of goals with the array of attacking talent in this league this year is brilliant. A little frustrating to have Hearts and Rangers in this league when we have a good side for this level.

Archived