Your teams best player so far.....

Who has been the outstanding player for your team so far this season? With Dundee we have had alot of new signings which most have been excellent and is a difficult choice as bias from previous season won't effect our choice.

For Dundee I think Greg Stewart so far.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Osman's probably been our most consistent performer while Gary Fraser was in barnstorming form prior to his injury. My vote's for Lawless, though. Back to his best.

It would be easy to say John Guidetti. But with Celtic's defence being shakey to say the least at times this season. Craig Gordon has been immense for us. Apart from the goal at St Mirren were he slipped I can't think of another mistake that has cost us a goal this season.

Graham Carey.

He started the season in so much better form than the rest of the squad. It's no surprise he had his pre-season elsewhere and only joined up with the squad for the last friendly.

He showed some great wing play and hit the crossbar from shots in successive games. He created chances for others, sometimes on the right flank to accommodate Joe Cardle playing on the left. When County's midfield was at its worst, he was the only midfielder who was comfortable with the ball under pressure.

He played five games at left-back as McIntyre didn't have anyone else to play there. He started off very brightly, with assists in successive weeks, but his confidence was slipping in an unfavoured position. He could be got at and he took a battering against Celtic.

In the three matches since then, he's played on the left wing twice and lastly as the central attacking midfielder against Kilmarnock, which he was excellent at. He's got an eye for a pass, nicks the ball off opponents and has a wicked shot. His delivery from corner kicks is more consistent now. Since being moved further forward again he's been County's best player by a mile.

He has four direct assists and two goals (including the Samson OG), making him directly responsible for 50% of County's F column. He has hit the woodwork from shots on three other occasions, and when at left-back was involved in a couple of the other goals.

Honourable mentions to Mark Brown for barely making a mistake (only his kicking lets him down); Jackson Irvine for the amount of work he gets through; and Paul Quinn who is the alpha male at the back that County have badly missed since Grant Munro's star faded.

Think any one of McPake, Konrad, McGowan, Stewart or McGinn can be mentioned for us. I'll have to plump for Gary Harkins though. As Paul Hartley rightly says, when he plays, we play. He's been involved with at a rough estimate 80% of our goals this season and whilst he'll always have his critics, him and McGowan have combined to make our midfield one of the best in the league. And that was a partnership we were told wouldn't and couldn't work together.

Stewart has been the biggest surprise though and puts in a hell of a shift every time he's on the park, whether it comes off for him or not. If he had a bit of pace, I reckon he'd have made the step-up and been noticed before now. As it is though, we've got a very promising link-up man in him.

Marley Watkins. He's rapid and hard to shake off the ball. A good combo in this league.

agreed, Marley has really stepped it up this season.

Archived