Saturday Scottish Cup 14/15

Crazy Feet

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The very fact that there is an opinion that Doune Castle vs Giffnock could be the tie of the round clearly illustrates how open this years Scottish is, without being dis-respectful none of these two teams would have been given a sniff at the start of the cup, and just shows that the Scottish cup throws up all sorts of curve balls year after year. Still fancy Shortlees myself to win it!!!

Last season's beaten West Cup Finalists wouldn't have been given a sniff but a new team just starting up in Ayrshire are your favourites?

Shortlees won't win it. A good side but need all their players available to stand a chance. Well beaten (6-2 I think?) by an average Beith side in the 3rd tier of Ayrshire football a month or so back when a few folk were missing. However, In Keir Knapp they have the best box to box midfielder I have saw in amateur fitba

Shortlees won't win it. A good side but need all their players available to stand a chance. Well beaten (6-2 I think?) by an average Beith side in the 3rd tier of Ayrshire football a month or so back when a few folk were missing. However, In Keir Knapp they have the best box to box midfielder I have saw in amateur fitba

I hear he has plenty 'bottle' as well!

New farm bt a poor Wellhouse side but haven't a hope of doing anything in scottish. Shortlees have a good side but first time against a "big" side (drumchapel) they got a doing. Hurlford thistle despite the players they lost are still best team in ayrshire so if anyone from that neck of the woods wins scottish, it will be them. All that being said, a canny see past harestanes tbh

• 4 weeks later...

A lot of football has to be played before we will have a better idea of who might win it.Experience tells me that all it takes for any of the so called better teams to be out on their ear are a poor park poor weather a poor ref and particularly a poor attitude.Any one of these or any combination and out you go.A lot of good teams left and a lot just going about it quietly.

Really fancy Harestanes for the cup this year some excellent players in the team by all accounts , Broadfoot, Oliver, Fitzsimmons,Welsh ,McLaughlin all stand outs . In good position to win the best league in amateur football the fosters central.

Really fancy Harestanes for the cup this year some excellent players in the team by all accounts , Broadfoot, Oliver, Fitzsimmons,Welsh ,McLaughlin all stand outs . In good position to win the best league in amateur football the fosters central.

Could be a shout bud,but don't discount Blantyre 'Tic.

Could be a shout bud,but don't discount Blantyre 'Tic.

Hares are due a scottish cup win , been around 11 or 12 years now since their last, Hares beat blantyre celtic 6-2 earlier in the season , i don't follow amateur football that closely but do keep tracks of it and that result shocked me.

Defo take a punt on two or three hares players for The Roy at some point in the future.

Hares are due a scottish cup win , been around 11 or 12 years now since their last, Hares beat blantyre celtic 6-2 earlier in the season , i don't follow amateur football that closely but do keep tracks of it and that result shocked me.

Defo take a punt on two or three hares players for The Roy at some point in the future.

I don't know how much I'd read into that tbh.The Tic team that knocked Colville out the Scottish looked a stronger outfit than the one I'd watched earlier in the season.

I don't know how much I'd read into that tbh.The Tic team that knocked Colville out the Scottish looked a stronger outfit than the one I'd watched earlier in the season.

Hares Tic game was Oct 25th , Tic v Colville was Nov 1st the following saturday. I had heard they had improved though so they will be in with a shout. Decent first season in the fosters premier for them. Is Willie Haughey funding them ?

Hares Tic game was Oct 25th , Tic v Colville was Nov 1st the following saturday. I had heard they had improved though so they will be in with a shout. Decent first season in the fosters premier for them. Is Willie Haughey funding them ?

I don't know if WH is involved,but I believe that they may have ties with one of the backers of the original Blantyre Tic....the Doonin family.

The guy who could probably give you any info needed is the poster,Dickson 10, who plays for the team.

Archived