Saturday Scottish Cup 14/15

Crazy Feet

With Colville eliminated and Hurlford seemingly not as strong as previous seasons, who do we fancy to win it this season?

There are probably only 4 or 5 standout teams for me and the rest are all capable of beating one another on any given day. If some of the standout sides draw each other over the next couple of rounds I think you could see another smaller team making the semi or final again and when you get to the final anything can happen as Wishaw HSFP proved a few years ago.

Harestanes are looking like major contenders at the moment for me. A 4-0 win over Colville Park at the weekend put them top of the CSAFL.

Doune and Milton from The Caley look really strong this season as well along with perhaps Bannockburn and Blantyre Celtic. The winner could very well come from those 5 imo.

Any dark horses out there we should be keeping an eye on? Shortless perhaps?

It would be refreshing to see a ''different team'' go on and win it instead of the same sides contesting the finals year in year out.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hares will be favourites from here on, but its definitely a lot wider open this year with CP out and Hurlford seemingly weaker.

Crazyfeet have you seen Milton or Doune this year? What makes you think t they will be strong? They both have quality strikers. Doune lost 6-5 in league after being 5-1 up against Dumbarton on Saturday.

Hares will be favourites from here on, but its definitely a lot wider open this year with CP out and Hurlford seemingly weaker.

Crazyfeet have you seen Milton or Doune this year? What makes you think t they will be strong? They both have quality strikers. Doune lost 6-5 in league after being 5-1 up against Dumbarton on Saturday.

Yes I've seen both of these sides and out with Hares and perhaps Bannockburn I believe they're better than most sides still left in it. As you said, their strikers are top drawer. Grant for Milton and Inglis for Doune.

Going to be an interesting tournament this season.

Harestanes looking really strong, they have bulked up what was already a good squad with very good additions. I would write off Hurlford at your peril as they will add if they are still in there at the business end. Wellhouse will also be there or therapist.

None of the Caley sides will be anywhere near good enough

Harestanes looking really strong, they have bulked up what was already a good squad with very good additions. I would write off Hurlford at your peril as they will add if they are still in there at the business end. Wellhouse will also be there or therapist.

None of the Caley sides will be anywhere near good enough

Giffnock got to final of the West last season and they were an average Caley side. Dumbarton Accies won it a couple of seasons back and just avoided relegation in the Caley.

Anything can happen in one off games and the luck of the draw. I wouldn't write teams off. As I said, outwith Harestanes and Bannockburn any of the teams left could beat each other on any given day.

• 2 weeks later...

Craigshill are doing well but haven't really beat anyone of note yet. See how they go if drawn against one of the top sides.

Blantyre won't be far away - agreed.

Blantyre have looked good in their recent matches and,with a manager who's won the Scottish twice with Eddlewood,they could go very close in this year's competition.

Anyone know what the outcome of the meeting that was held at Hampden this week which was to investigate the antics at the recent

game between Colville Park and Blantyre, it seems to have went very quiet on that front, surely this couldn't pushed under the carpet,o could it?.

There's one things for sure if no punishment is handed out to Colville for this it will only cement the opinion that there is one rule for CP

and one for the rest of Scotland Amateur football.

But I wont be holding my breath................

Archived