Peasie

sc2981

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't worry about that half wit. Always got an opinion on every topic but hasn't got a clue about any thing

Not particularly worried by him ! Thinks he is a bit of a know it all !

So just thought I would bam him up a wee bit !! Fed up playing with my old toys , found this new one .

Sherlock Holms from Kirkie !

How have the new signings in the summer from the amateur ranks settled in?

I'm a follower of the amateur game and have seen some of the boys play previously that were brought in during the summer so interested to find out how they're coping with the step up?

I know there was a lot of scepticism on here during the summer with the standard of player being signed and the clubs they were coming from etc and a lot of people were tipping Peasy to struggle but from the outside looking in it looks like they're having a decent season so far all things considered.

I'm a follower of the amateur game and have seen some of the boys play previously that were brought in during the summer so interested to find out how they're coping with the step up?

I know there was a lot of scepticism on here during the summer with the standard of player being signed and the clubs they were coming from etc and a lot of people were tipping Peasy to struggle but from the outside looking in it looks like they're having a decent season so far all things considered.

Best ask Rob Roy Guy ,AKA Sherlock from Kirkie , he appears to know more about every other club in the 'Super Premier League' than he does about his own team in the 'Super First Division ! '

Best ask Rob Roy Guy ,AKA Sherlock from Kirkie , he appears to know more about every other club in the 'Super Premier League' than he does about his own team in the 'Super First Division ! '

lol i'm just new to the forum don't want to be getting involved in any of the politics :D

Wouldn't worry about that half wit. Always got an opinion on every topic but hasn't got a clue about any thing

Trust me on this, I know my junior football. Anyone not blinded by having a dislike of how i come across knows this.

As for you Pete hill maybe spend less time talking pish on this backing someone you know up in a roundabout way and more time on your shocking patter.

Oh try the super first thread commented far more on that league than the premier.

Trust me on this, I know my junior football. Anyone not blinded by having a dislike of how i come across knows this.

As for you Pete hill maybe spend less time talking pish on this backing someone you know up in a roundabout way and more time on your shocking patter.

Oh try the super first thread commented far more on that league than the premier.

Right O Sherlock !! See you next season if you happen to get back up !

Don't really know how cope with that immense intellect of yours ? Your head must hurt at times ! Sayonara !

My favourite Mike and Bernie Winters story (it's an old one!): playing the Glasgow Empire in the early 60's; Mike walks on and starts his patter, to groans from the audience...an English comedian!

A few seconds later Bernie comes on from the wings.

A solitary voice rings out from the auditorium, "Oh for f*cks sake there's two o'them!

Dont stop there ffs two of what

Sounds like a tough gig,Mr P,and it kinda makes you wonder how Dimps and wee glensmad might have fared with their 'root-a toot' material :( ....

Max Miller was a hugely popular entertainer in the 1950's but suffered at the hands of the Glasgow mob. When he was asked to come back again and play the Empire he turned it down; "I'm a comic" he said, "Not a missionary"

The main reason however why Friday night was considered so terrifying was due to the strict licensing laws back then. After the interval the punters knew that there would be no more alcohol on sale for the rest of the night.

Consequently, that interval was the last-chance saloon for the drinkers who got stoked up on the 'bevvy' while they waited. So it seems it was perhaps a mixture of inebriation and frustration that got taken out on anyone who dared to walk on stage.

Because then the onslaught would begin.

Des O'Connor
3673384_f248.jpg

There is a famous story about singer Des O'Connor who was so overcome by fear that he ended up fainting onstage and had to be carried off.

He always denied it, claiming that the only way to get off stage in one piece was to pretend to collapse.

He was then taken off to hospital and lived to tell the tale. But before he exited the stage the orchestra leader asked him "Is this part of your act"

Mike and Bernie Winters died a death on their first ever visit to the Empire in a tale that has been gleefully recounted by Billy Connolly on television.

The act started brightly with Mike onstage playing a lively tune on the clarinet. After a couple of minutes Bernie's face peeked through the curtains wearing a silly leering grin. This drew a shout from the audience; “Christ!, there's two of them!'

Sounds like a tough gig,Mr P,and it kinda makes you wonder how Dimps and wee glensmad might have fared with their 'root-a toot' material :( ....

Max Miller was a hugely popular entertainer in the 1950's but suffered at the hands of the Glasgow mob. When he was asked to come back again and play the Empire he turned it down; "I'm a comic" he said, "Not a missionary"

The main reason however why Friday night was considered so terrifying was due to the strict licensing laws back then. After the interval the punters knew that there would be no more alcohol on sale for the rest of the night.

Consequently, that interval was the last-chance saloon for the drinkers who got stoked up on the 'bevvy' while they waited. So it seems it was perhaps a mixture of inebriation and frustration that got taken out on anyone who dared to walk on stage.

Because then the onslaught would begin.

Des O'Connor

3673384_f248.jpg

There is a famous story about singer Des O'Connor who was so overcome by fear that he ended up fainting onstage and had to be carried off.

He always denied it, claiming that the only way to get off stage in one piece was to pretend to collapse.

He was then taken off to hospital and lived to tell the tale. But before he exited the stage the orchestra leader asked him "Is this part of your act"

Mike and Bernie Winters died a death on their first ever visit to the Empire in a tale that has been gleefully recounted by Billy Connolly on television.

The act started brightly with Mike onstage playing a lively tune on the clarinet. After a couple of minutes Bernie's face peeked through the curtains wearing a silly leering grin. This drew a shout from the audience; “Christ!, there's two of them!'

Can't believe that we have gone from discussing the Petershill team selection to Mike & Bernie Winters !! What next ? Harry Lauders greatest Hits ?

Archived