Albion Rovers vs Arbroath

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe anyone would want us to drop the top goalscorer in the league for a game against one of our biggest rivals for promotion!

I'd go for the 4-4-2 without this 'diamond' lark, with the following team:

1 - Scott Morrison

2 - Ricky Little

3 - Scott McBride

4 - Kevin Nicol

5 - Al El Zubaidi

6 - Kieran Stewart

7 - Mark Whatley

8 - Adam Hunter

9 - Paul McManus

10 - Simon Murray

11 - Bobby Linn

I think Kieran Stewart has to come back into the team to replace Carreiro, and I also feel Whatley and Adam Hunter have to play also, so would go with Whatley on the right of midfield, with Ricky Little who it would be very harsh to drop, at right back.

I can't believe anyone would want us to drop the top goalscorer in the league for a game against one of our biggest rivals for promotion!

I'd go for the 4-4-2 without this 'diamond' lark, with the following team:

1 - Scott Morrison

2 - Ricky Little

3 - Scott McBride

4 - Kevin Nicol

5 - Al El Zubaidi

6 - Kieran Stewart

7 - Mark Whatley

8 - Adam Hunter

9 - Paul McManus

10 - Simon Murray

11 - Bobby Linn

I think Kieran Stewart has to come back into the team to replace Carreiro, and I also feel Whatley and Adam Hunter have to play also, so would go with Whatley on the right of midfield, with Ricky Little who it would be very harsh to drop, at right back.

Yea I find it strange people would drop Shagger.

I'd put Hunter on the right and Whatley in the middle.

Arbroath had a set-back last weekend and will be out to put that right, but I still think there's more at stake for the Rovers than the Lichties. It's our most meaningful game so far this season and how our players and rookie manager deal with it will be significant in the prognosis of our (so-called) title challenge.

I haven't seen Arbroath yet but I'm quite happy to see the travelling fans calling for 4-4-2, we should be able to deal with that. Whatever formation they play, against us they have the special advantage that their assistant manager not only knows us inside out but is an Albion Rovers legend. It'll be good to see Todd back at Cliftonhill.

Albion Rovers have taken one of our developmental midfielders, Ross Davidson, on loan until January. In the squad for the game on Saturday.

Ross has had a lot of injury problems and has never really pushed on to becoming a regular here. Craig Slater has developed a lot sooner, with Davidson being touted as a much better prospect a few years ago. TBH it seems that the Premiership might be too high a standard for him, but he certainly has the potential to be a good Championship player in the future, so should do well for you lot.

Out of interest, how has Gary Fisher been?

ETA just seen he featured v East Fife.

Out of interest, how has Gary Fisher been?

Disappointing. I know he was a prospect at Killie and performed well at a higher level last season, so understand why he was signed- supposedly one of our top earners too (on our previous manager's budget, mind you.) As such he arrived as a potential first team regular but actually he's contributed nothing when given time and now finds himself way down the pecking order, and in noticeably bad shape. Odds-on to leave for the Juniors before his contract's up, IMO.

Disappointing. I know he was a prospect at Killie and performed well at a higher level last season, so understand why he was signed- supposedly one of our top earners too (on our previous manager's budget, mind you.) As such he arrived as a potential first team regular but actually he's contributed nothing when given time and now finds himself way down the pecking order, and in noticeably bad shape. Odds-on to leave for the Juniors before his contract's up, IMO.

That would be a dramatic fall from 'grace' indeed. From starting the opening game of the Premiership season to Junior fitba' in 16 months.

I would agree with that Albino. After his first game or 2 I thought he looked really decent but he quickly became invisible for us. I still believe there is a decent player in him, it's just whether our management team can find that and get the best out of him. At present I don't think they will or can.

Marc McAllum signed....will he go in goals ahead of stig?

Definitely? That on paper looks like a fantastic signing, season? I've seen him a few times, looked shaky v Celtic but overall he's been good when I've saw him and he looks like a massive presence.

Kevin Nicoll free to play, his one game suspension will be for the game against Clyde.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2014/15/PlayerSuspensions/LOS17%20(13%20Nov)CW.pdf

Dylan Carreiro away on international duty, surely Keiran Stewart has to come back in team. I think we missed him last weekend. I wonder if Whatley could play on the left wing? He seems like he could play anywhere in the team, super talented and great football mind. I think we will only see Dylan 2-3 more times unless we can extend his loan? I think his loan expires on the 14th of December and I presume Dundee won't let him play in the 4th round since he had to miss the 3rd.

Is it still only 5 loan signings a season? El-Zubaidi, Carreiro and now McCallum - 2 left!

I think it's 5 loans over the season, irrelevent of type of loan or the period of time it's for. An emergency loan can last a maximum of 93 days (which is what we've got McCallum on) I think. If you sign a player on an initial month/ less than the maximum 93 days , extending that at a later date up to 93 days still counts as only 1 loan, but if he had to return to his parent club and then rejoin in the next transfer window it would count as 2 loans, despite it just being the one player.

If I'm correct, we've used 3 out of our 5 loans, and extending El Zubaidi for the season if possible wouldn't count as another loan as he isn't emergency, but Carreiro would as he was an emergency 93 day loan signing, as was McCallum so same would apply. Basically if we were able to/ wanted to extend McCallum and Carreiro's loans, we couldn't use anymore.

Archived