Albion Rovers vs Arbroath

Last time we lost a league game we went and pumped Clyde 5-2, hoping for a similar reaction. I'd go with:

Morrison

Little nicoll El-Zubaidi Johnstone

Linn Stewart hunter McBride

McManus Murray

Think carreiro is away with Canada, he wasn't great against QP anyways.

Out with the diamond because we need more width IMO. Good travelling support I think, do rovers only have one stand open?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time we lost a league game we went and pumped Clyde 5-2, hoping for a similar reaction. I'd go with:

Morrison

Little nicoll El-Zubaidi Johnstone

Linn Stewart hunter McBride

McManus Murray

Think carreiro is away with Canada, he wasn't great against QP anyways.

Out with the diamond because we need more width IMO. Good travelling support I think, do rovers only have one stand open?

IMO we should keep McBride at left back and try Stoney as a left midfield. Seem to recall him getting a pen for the fifers against us with a run into the box at Methil. Not sure if Nicholl is suspended next week, must be close due to the number of yellows he has picked up. Also leaving out Whatley?

Whatley should play every single minute of the season for us aswell as Linn and Nicoll. Our 3 most important players imo.

Hate going to Cliftonhill. We were extremely unlucky to not get atleast a point today, hope it's in our favour next week. Fingers crossed.

IMO we should keep McBride at left back and try Stoney as a left midfield. Seem to recall him getting a pen for the fifers against us with a run into the box at Methil. Not sure if Nicholl is suspended next week, must be close due to the number of yellows he has picked up. Also leaving out Whatley?

Knew there was one player id forgotten and couldn't for the life of me figure out who, it was Whatley :lol:

Yeah swapping McBride and Johnstone around from my lineup could be a good idea.

Nicoll has picked up a suspension don't know when it comes into force tho

We'll just need to bring our back up centre half in.......... oh wait!

Our only other option is to put little in the centre and hunter or whatley to rb

Another problem with not having a youth team is that you can't bring any of them up for backup, but little at CB and hunter/Whatley rb should be ok.

Big improvement needed from yesterday. Not to fussed if Carriero is missing after yesterday's performance.

Whatley has been the best signing we have made in a good few years

I believe Carreiro is away with Canada under 20s for the next 3 weeks.

Maybe go for a 4-5-1

Morrison

Little

Johnstone

Nichol

El-Zubaidi

Linn

Stewart

Whatley

Hunter

McBride

Murray

Surely has to be mcmanus instead of murray if u just play 1 up? I like murray but his finishing has been horrendous. I think moore will stick with 4-4-2 although 4-5-1 is about the only way to accommodate whatley hunter and stewart unless whatley goes back to full back where i feel he's wasted.

Maybe go for a 4-5-1

Morrison

Little

Johnstone

Nichol

El-Zubaidi

Linn

Stewart

Whatley

Hunter

McBride

Murray

Dunno Ecto seems a small enough park as it is without polluting the midfield. Maybe go for that but play 2 a wee bit higher up.

Think we should go for the same team but Carreiro out for Stewart which might have happened anyway seeing as Cliftonhill always seems to be a bit of a battle. Definitely need Hunter-Whatley-Stewart in the midfield anyway. I'd stick with McBride and Little at fullback. Then maybe go for Linn and Murray behind McManus, McManus would be good at holding it up for the 2 and putting it in behind to use their pace.

Morrison

Little

Nicol

Zubaidi

McBride

Hunter

Whatley

Stewart

Linn

Murray

McManus

Take a scrappy 1-0 all day. Last time I was at Cliftonhill in the league we got humped 4-0 the year they were at the bottom of the 2nd...

Staying in Glasgow on the Friday after the Scotland game and detouring through Coatbridge on the way home Saturday. Big game. Got to put yesterday's defeat to the side and I'm sure Moore will have us fired up for this.

Mon the Broath.

Maybe go for a 4-5-1

Morrison

Little

Johnstone

Nichol

El-Zubaidi

Linn

Stewart

Whatley

Hunter

McBride

Murray

Well, ecto, you see more of your team than I do, but I find it hard to believe that anyone in our league would leave Paul McManus out of their team.

Well, ecto, you see more of your team than I do, but I find it hard to believe that anyone in our league would leave Paul McManus out of their team.

See no need to alter the formation which has us at the top. Keep Murray and McManus up top and stick with the 4-4-2. Might be difficult to accommodate all the midfielder but Linn Stewart Hunter Whatley would be my 4 with Stoney as an impact sub if needed. Feel certain AM will make the players aware of our need to be more composed in the box. Gonna be tough but we have the players to get a result. C'MON LICHTIES

I believe Carreiro is away with Canada under 20s for the next 3 weeks.

I'm a big fan of Carriero but he was posted as missing on Saturday. Was he trying to stay fit for his trip? I'd have subbed him with Johnstone for a more direct approach. Either Johnstone or Stewart will bring more power to the midfield for the trip to Albion.

I like ClifftonHell. Cosy wee stand and plenty of lively banter. Pub across the road is grand!

Archived