Livi v Sons

Too early for a must win game for both sides?

We were brutal today and by reading your threads Livi have been pretty dreadful thus far as well.

The availability of Chris Kane will no doubt once again play a big part in the game from our perspective. I'd be inclined to revert back to the team that we played for the majority of our unbeaten run that now seems a distant memory. Although after that performance today nobody is undroppable.

Declan Gallacher being sent off for Livi today is a bonus for us, he's a quality centre-half at this level however unless Kane's back it's difficult to see us exploiting any aspect of the opposition defence.

Like to see us get back to something like this:

Rodgers

Van Zanten Graham Taggart MacDonald

McDougall Kirkpatrick Turner Gilhaney

Nish Kane

Taggart back at centre-half. I've not been DVZ's biggest fan but he's improved recently and we don't have anyone else who could play there. MacDonald did fine today and it would seem harsh to drop him. Megginson has been pretty anonymous recently and 'Dougs has impressed me during his short cameos so far (particularly the run that set up the goal against Falkirk) Campbell was awful today so bringing Turner back in for him is a no brainer. Aggy was poor and Kirkpatrick & Turner was the central midfield pairing for a great deal of last seasons success. Kane and Nish tend to link up well so I'd like to see him start.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not going to suggest team as fickle as sons fans are.some want nish in some dont andsame for about another 6 or 7.

my hopes for next week.

leave 2 men up park atcorners like we did last year.

close down opposition like we did last year.

pushforward like we did last year

i amgetting worried about who is dictating the tactics as they are so different from last season and the aint working at the moment

Depends if we bin McGlynn

Is there a hope in hell of that happening with the current off field pish going on? I reckon you'll need a resignation to be shot of him.

As for us, I'm done predicting what we're going to do. Been a weird season so far. We've shown we can beat and compete with the best in the league but the reports from today are frustrating. One thing Murray has been good at is picking us up after a couple of bad results, I may be wrong but is this the longest we've gone without a win/goal under him? I'm not suggesting that's cracks starting to show, we're up against better opposition but it means that wee need a lift from somewhere. Kane returning would do that and if I'm honest we jeed him back this week or we'll have very few games left with him this season. January will be an interesting time for us.

We can't buy a goal just now.

Neither can we, but given Gallagher's absence I fear our defence will descend into an absolute farce again.

Think if we lose this one McGlynn should be punted. No way can we be going into the Cowden game with this system.

Neither can we, but given Gallagher's absence I fear our defence will descend into an absolute farce again.

Think if we lose this one McGlynn should be punted. No way can we be going into the Cowden game with this system.

Fair point.

A 0-0 draw it is then ????

With Rankine having influence over Dumbarton I'm hoping they'll score an og for us, just wish East Fife were in our league too. Maybe he'll have them give us a few points in our games next season if we get relegated..

Should've checked first before posting that, EF are in league 2, ach well maybe the SPFL will hit us with a 2 league demotion so we can play them. Always a silver lining.

It's a must win game for us, make no mistake. I can't see how we will though, seeing as our goals have dried up quicker than an auld hoors heart, and we will concede at least one, especially if Kane is playing.

Will take any type of win right now.

Just to make those travelling aware we are due to be enforcing the concession and U16 rules again for this match:

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news/news_20141107_1.php

Not sure what they mean by "recent abuses" but I suppose it's not hard to guess.

Would hate to see people caught out and charged the higher rate because they'd failed to carry the correct ID.

Archived