Livi v Sons

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway what's the story with Kane; it looks like he hasn't appeared in the Son's ast few outings?

Been out injured. Only here on loan till January so may not appear for us again

That said he is apparently nearing fitness..most likely on bench on Saturday at best

Been out injured. Only here on loan till January so may not appear for us again

That said he is apparently nearing fitness..most likely on bench on Saturday at best

And we all know what happened when he came off the bench the last time against Livi.

Never have i seen a stadium and a team uplifted so much by a single substitution after he came on that day.

I hope he comes on and scores the winner in 88 minutes again...........

And we all know what happened when he came off the bench the last time against Livi.

Never have i seen a stadium and a team uplifted so much by a single substitution after he came on that day.

I hope he comes on and scores the winner in 88 minutes again...........

It really was quite remarkable how much of a difference to every aspect of that game he made. The crowd were moaning and we hadn't threatened Livi once until he came on. Then everything changed and we deservedly won.

Same again sure would be nice!

That's good news.

This not so much.

Don't worry, Talbot will kick him. ;)

Yeah Kane transformed the game for Dumbarton in the 2nd half, could've scored a few more the amount of times he got through on goal. We should've had it wrapped up in the first half though, esp Glenn's chance going into HT.

Expecting the same again if Kane comes on, we'll miss all our chances and he'll come on and score.

I actually have a lot of time for Talbot off the pitch - my brother met him numerous times during his rehab from a serious knee injury, and he said that Talbot was as sound a guy as you could meet. I also tend to cheer a wee bit more the guys who have come back from serious injury, sometimes giving them a wee bit of leeway when things aren't going well.

On the pitch though he's been shown up to be ridiculously petulant, culminating in tackles that are violent and impossible to defend, and also displaying bullying tendencies toward younger players. As has already been pointed out elsewhere, I would love to have seen him pull the same stunt with Mensing that he did with Jamieson. I've zero time for that kind of shit, especially from a vice captain.

He's a senior player in the squad though, which makes him undroppable. Like O'Brien in the midfield, rightly or wrongly, only injury or suspension will keep them out the side.

With regards Saturdays game, I've no doubt we'll struggle. We've had a really poor run, culminating in the last two games where we have picked up nothing against teams that some would say we should be able to beat. Dumbarton's recent poor run has been against some tough sides. It's flip a coin for me as to who'll win.

We haven't been great recently but our last 5 fixtures have been...

Hibs (A)

Hearts (A)

Rangers (H)

Rangers (H)

QoS (A)

That's about as difficult a run of fixtures you'll see anyone get all season.

well said Bbpf, us sons fans should be more realistic in our teams results, and who we're competing with, alloa and Cowdenbeath, but livi, falkirk and Raith possibly at the moment really could be dragged into all relegation talk, fingers crossed

Bit of an injury crisis for Livingston. McGlynn says they have only one fit defender, but hopes that will improve by Sat. White doubtful too.

Things keep getting better for us...

Read Dycey is the only one fit, though doesn't mention Sives.

Mensing injured, Talbot & Kyle have picked up knocks, Gallagher suspended.

Just hope McGlynn gives Moffat a shot at RB as that's his position, and instead doesn't put a midfielder back there, esp Keaghan.

True, first half we did. Second, Kane changed it tbh.

Dominance without scoring is worthless. You could see the belief in the team just dissipate as the game went on, and Dumbarton scoring looked increasingly inevitable.

Archived