What you wanting for Xmas

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A free house.

Normally me and my family go to Ireland and stay with relatives, which has been put on halt by the fact that I'm working right through Christmas. It's a shame, but it comes with the most silvery of linings which is having the place to myself for a bit. Now my ma is threatening that dream by suggesting sticking around for my sake or even more unthinkably, getting the relatives over to stay at ours.

"I think you should go anyway and be with your sisters" = selfless and thoughtful, but "I want the place to myself so f**k off" = early death for EGB. I sense I'm one more selfless offer to let her do her own thing away from the penny dropping that I want her to bolt.

Advice?

Like a lot of posters on here, you need to get out from under your mothers teats then there wouldn't be this problem.

A free house.

Normally me and my family go to Ireland and stay with relatives, which has been put on halt by the fact that I'm working right through Christmas. It's a shame, but it comes with the most silvery of linings which is having the place to myself for a bit. Now my ma is threatening that dream by suggesting sticking around for my sake or even more unthinkably, getting the relatives over to stay at ours.

"I think you should go anyway and be with your sisters" = selfless and thoughtful, but "I want the place to myself so f**k off" = early death for EGB. I sense I'm one more selfless offer to let her do her own thing away from the penny dropping that I want her to bolt.

Advice?

Tell the old trout to haul ass. You're all the man you're going to be and don't need her or her daft relatives hanging about your feet ruining everything.

Im going to my parents house and there are 8 of us, all couples including my parents so we have decided to do a secret santa idea rather than buy each other presents. I want a PS4 and or a new TV but i think we said a 50 pound budget so doubt anyone will go over the top for me.

I think its best that we don't buy presents for our other halves but I'm wondering on what would be a way that we can draw the ballot to avoid getting each others partner while being able to keep the ballot a secret? We will definitely need a third party to do this for us

I'll take socks, some work shirts to replace the current dead ones, and at least two day seshs at the pub. Simple things.

You get given time to go to the pub as a Christmas present :lol: ?

No you don't. they will get flung in the back of the wardrobe after a few uses, don't lie to us :lol:

Its a step up from the days when i used to do it straight into the bin adjacent to the bed for my mum to clean up

Archived