Whittlets search for new manager?

im1988

Just to set you all straight.

I've spoke with Carlo and informed him of this thread.

Point 1 - Not interested in leaving Lugar at the moment. I know that we won't be able to hold him forever and someday a job will come along that will peak his interest, but right now he's happy where he is, and has no intentions of applying for the vacant Whitletts position.

Point 2 - Never applied for the Cumnock job, nor the Girvan job for that matter.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Point 1 - Not interested in leaving Lugar at the moment. I know that we won't be able to hold him forever and someday a job will come along that will peak his interest, but right now he's happy where he is, and has no intentions of applying for the vacant Whitletts position.

Point 2 - Never applied for the Cumnock job, nor the Girvan job for that matter.

I think if Whitletts were to approach him then I think his feelings would change on that matter.

Girvan got a manager yet by the way?

Must be in the frame. Applied for the Cumnock job but was a bit miffed they didn't even reply to his application. I'm sure he would at least get a reply to this one.

We all still await your exclusive into how you know Carlo applied for the Cumnock job and didn't get a reply ???????????????????????????????????????????????

You had him on the polygraph ?? Ha

He lives locally and IMO Whitletts are a more established club than Lugar nowadays with the potential to go even higher. If the oppurtunity came calling I reckon he would seriously consider this position.

What?

He lives locally. Is that a pre-requisite for a managerial post? Last I looked, Lugar was on a tarmac road not a stage-coach route. He does own a car so he doesn't need to walk to Lugar.

More established club? in what respect?

Potential to go higher. Well, higher than what actually?

If the opportunity came calling?

I think the fact Whitletts are advertising the post means the opportunity has came calling.

Read my post again - He has no intention of applying.

Cant disagree kr

And i am sure ayr fans are saying the same

Joking aside vics are a well run club with a good squad just need a manager who can take them to the next level

Is that a bit of praise for the Vics there honestboy?? Wonders will never cease haha.

No no , read my post. I told you that was a rumour and you went aff yer wee silly heid at the idea that anyone would have the nerve to mention a rumour on p and b. My rumour was half correct (at least) because I also mentioned an exodus of players from Lugar to Whittlets and that proved very accurate. Still believe your manager made it known he was interested in the Girvan job

So you were 100% wrong with 1 part and if you count 3 players leaving as an exodus (one of which is back with us) then you were right with that.

You told me back then to ask my manager if there was any truth in the 'rumour'.

I took your advice about your recent 100% accurate information this time around and guess what?

Looks like either he's a liar or I am. Because it couldn't possibly be you!

No no , read my post. I told you that was a rumour and you went aff yer wee silly heid at the idea that anyone would have the nerve to mention a rumour on p and b. My rumour was half correct (at least) because I also mentioned an exodus of players from Lugar to Whittlets and that proved very accurate. Still believe your manager made it known he was interested in the Girvan job

Why did it take so long for Carlo to to commit to Lugar this summer? He did fancy the Girvan job this summer as far as I am aware of too.

As for Whitletts they are Ayr's only junior side and are very well run off the park nowadays. I'm sure Lugar are well run to but IMO Whitletts are a better suited club to any manager right now than Lugar. Like I said if he got offered the job I'm sure he would really consider it. But as you say he isn't interested Kenny so there is no need to get your knickers in a twist.

No insecurity here and my knickers are fine.

I merely tried to put an end to the speculation regarding the Whitletts situation.

I informed you about my conversation with Carlo. Yet some people chose to believe otherwise.

I have known the guy since he was a player at Lugar away back when he first started out in the juniors.

If he was thinking over a move he would be man enough to tell me. I believed him when he told me about the Girvan thing and believe him again over the Cumnock and Whitletts rumours. But still others won't accept this.

Archived