The Tank Top Tommy Termination Thread

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From said thread ;

It was a rather uncomfortable night for all concerned.

For the first time, I saw hands raised against Gilmour continuing in his position.

George Campbell looked like he was going to have a square go with someone outside.

Tommy Craig babbled nonsense and near the end made reference to the 18 months left on his contract.

I reckon the only people that supported TC in that room were the board themselves.

Oh dear. Oh dear.

-------------------------------------

Not a great time to be a Bud guys but we can and have pulled through worst positions. Haven't known this much widespread discontent since the Coughlin years though.

Scratch that, he is there. And apparently " Just waved a piece of paper with names of proven goalscorers who we didn't get. Doesn't want to name them though..."

He was asked 'When will you fall on your sword if you know this won't be a success?'

'18 months' he answered. So he's basically happy to sit there and draw a wage, even if he knows he's doing a shite job.

tumblr_mbt828C0yn1qb21tm.gif

On the plus side, my brother believes Gilmour implied a certain midfielder may be in trouble with the bizzies again.

Wot?

Are you suggesting that they were discussing an ex-players off field antics at their AGM?

Surely they've got more problems on their own doorstep or was this deflection tactics?

Wot?

Are you suggesting that they were discussing an ex-players off field antics at their AGM?

Surely they've got more problems on their own doorstep or was this deflection tactics?

It still irks fans that the certain player was released. Maybe someone asked why was he let go? I don't think winding up Dundee fans was near top of the agenda tonight.

Can someone explain why the BOD would reject SMISAs offer to buy unissued shares - hence forcing them to buy them from elsewhere? Would this reduce the money the BOD would be due when the club is eventually sold?

The Dundee game on the 27th is away is it not?

Aye, that's prob the next game I'll attend I meant.

Always make a lot more away games anyway because of proximity. Normally will be down in Paisley over Christmas or pull out a few stops to get down but just feeling scunnered at the moment. God knows how you boys who attend every week feel, fair play to you.

The list had three names on it. Dixie Deans, Hughie Gallacher and an outside chance of getting promising youngster Teddy Sheringham on loan.

In all seriousness he probably seen the joke transfer rumours about us signing Shaun Goater and got himself all excited.

Could we see a crowd of <1000 on Saturday?

Not made a home game yet this season mainly through work but I'm no rush at the moment, might just leave it till the Christmas game against Dundee.

Doubt it a post on B&W army has 700 sold. Add in a ICT fans and those who'll walk up you'll be on 1500 minimum. Still embarrassing for the first round of the cup.

The AGM sounds like a clusterfuck and an omnishambles. The paper is embarrassing. Apparently also criticised some of his own signings too.

It sounds a horrific situation.

Doubt it a post on B&W army has 700 sold. Add in a ICT fans and those who'll walk up you'll be on 1500 minimum. Still embarrassing for the first round of the cup.

The AGM sounds like a clusterfuck and an omnishambles. The paper is embarrassing. Apparently also criticised some of his own signings too.

It sounds a horrific situation.

I think its just confirmed all our worst fears.

TC is hilariously out of his depth.

TC will not resign.

The players he signed are not good enough.

We have no money to sack him. If we did he would be gone.

The board are relying on other teams being worse than us.

I don't think its a minority of fans who are against the manager.

I think if we have another month-6 weeks of poor results even the hardcore of our support will chuck it and the board will have to act. Then again they can see for themselves it isn't working out just now. TC is taking the heat off them, hardly fair considering they offered him the job.

All adds up to relegation. Will be lucky if we break the 30 point barrier at this rate.

It still irks fans that the certain player was released. Maybe someone asked why was he let go? I don't think winding up Dundee fans was near top of the agenda tonight.

That's what I understand happened. Someone asked why McGowan was let go, Craig said it was partly because he was poor last season. Someone then said everyone knew why that was at which point Gilmour said "Watch this space". Whether or not there was a knowing wink is unclear. The comment could have been taken many ways but I don't think it's too much of a stretch to take it as a suggestion McGowan is in trouble again.

EDIT: Didn't have to watch it for long. Stolen from Twitter.

B3b6LWuCUAEAfiH.jpg

Archived