The Tank Top Tommy Termination Thread

I very much doubt Paul Hartley would leave Dundee at this point to go to St Mirren. I was only joking about Tokely, he moved to Angola for work the other week.

My understanding about the set up at St Mirren is that there are a few experienced players in the backroom staff, could it be that one of these will take over? One of Jim Goodwin, Steven Thompson and Gary Teale? That would save the club some money and keep some continuity. Managers that are free who would be popular choices are few and far between, there doesn't seem to be a single candidate jumping out. I doubt many Buddies would welcome Adams or Butcher.

I'm almost certain that will happen. It'll be one or a combination of them. I was against that a wee while ago but now believe that couldn't be any worse.

Ironically if we went down that route someone like Tommy Craig would have been the ideal assistant to help them out.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad news for Jim Mcintyre.

f3hsj.jpg

Also, considering the above, wasn't Hartley mooted for the job before he moved to Dundee? I'd certainly be putting our, quite ill defined, dislike of him aside as he looks a good manager.

:lol: Hartley's first signing will be Michael Higdon.

Also, considering the above, wasn't Hartley mooted for the job before he moved to Dundee? I'd certainly be putting our, quite ill defined, dislike of him aside as he looks a good manager.

:D

You're obviously trolling but even the suggestion that pep lardiola would leave Dens for the midden has me in fits of laughter.

Tommy Craig's departure is bad news for the spfl as we were virtually guaranteed to lose st Mirren automatically this season. Now with new manager bounce and a reinvigorated fan base you have a chance at the playoffs which ultimately gives Sevco a better chance at promotion.

We are now hoping the st Mirren board exhibit the same nous they used in appointing tommy to appoint his successor

Displeasing.

I very much doubt Paul Hartley would leave Dundee at this point to go to St Mirren. I was only joking about Tokely, he moved to Angola for work the other week.

My understanding about the set up at St Mirren is that there are a few experienced players in the backroom staff, could it be that one of these will take over? One of Jim Goodwin, Steven Thompson and Gary Teale? That would save the club some money and keep some continuity. Managers that are free who would be popular choices are few and far between, there doesn't seem to be a single candidate jumping out. I doubt many Buddies would welcome Adams or Butcher.

:D

You're obviously trolling but even the suggestion that pep lardiola would leave Dens for the midden has me in fits of laughter.

Tommy Craig's departure is bad news for the spfl as we were virtually guaranteed to lose st Mirren automatically this season. Now with new manager bounce and a reinvigorated fan base you have a chance at the playoffs which ultimately gives Sevco a better chance at promotion.

We are now hoping the st Mirren board exhibit the same nous they used in appointing tommy to appoint his successor

Displeasing.

I wasn't suggesting Hartley would leave Dundee for St. Mirren - although, to be fair, I did half expect people would completely get the wrong end of the stick. He was mooted for the job at St. Mirren before he joined Dundee, and although we apparently dislike him, I hope it wasn't the reason why he didn't get the job. He looked a decent managerial prospect before he joined Dundee.

Now, it would be a sideways move, obviously.

I wasn't suggesting Hartley would leave Dundee for St. Mirren - although, to be fair, I did half expect people would completely get the wrong end of the stick. He was mooted for the job at St. Mirren before he joined Dundee, and although we apparently dislike him, I hope it wasn't the reason why he didn't get the job. He looked a decent managerial prospect before he joined Dundee.

Now, it would be a sideways move, obviously.

That wouldn't have happened if you had been very specific with what you posted.

Archived