The Tank Top Tommy Termination Thread

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He left St. Johnstone when his managerial star was on the rise - and got a bigger club.

His star is now falling, dramatically, and he will drop such demands. I can't see him doing much better than St. Mirren, if we offer him the job, he would definitely take it.

He applied for every single job that came up that Summer after being told the budget was getting cut, and joined the first club who interviewed him. He won't join unless you promise to let him add players in January.

The Sportsound presenter (his name escapes me) tonight actually suggested Barry Ferguson for the St Mirren job, a suggestion so utterly ludicrous that even Chic Young was astonished (and to his credit ripped the suggestion apart).

That's some extreme sycophantic behaviour there. The p***k was then audibly furious when it was suggested that the Dundee United chairman had said something about Sevco only being a couple of years old. They even extended the show by 5 minutes just because there was a Sevco story.

This type of naked pandering and love in with Sevco turns so many fans off of the game.

Compared to Bomber, Chisholm and Jocky it was like watching Barca though. Was pretty poor fare at times though, I agree, although he did try to keep it on the deck which was a minor positive.

Bomber played winning football. All four are terrible managers. Although Smith is young and can improve.

Thank you.

The Sportsound presenter (his name escapes me) tonight actually suggested Barry Ferguson for the St Mirren job, a suggestion so utterly ludicrous that even Chic Young was astonished (and to his credit ripped the suggestion apart).

That's some extreme sycophantic behaviour there. The p***k was then audibly furious when it was suggested that the Dundee United chairman had said something about Sevco only being a couple of years old. They even extended the show by 5 minutes just because there was a Sevco story.

This type of naked pandering and love in with Sevco turns so many fans off of the game.

Ferguson was supposedly sounded out about the job before Lennon got the boot. Thankfully he said no. Looking forward to hearing about the difficult circumstances behind him making such an arse of the Clyde job given we keep hearing it was circumstances that were behind him being shit at Blackpool.

Ferguson won't be anywhere near the gig. It'll almost certainly be an internal appointment.

That's some extreme sycophantic behaviour there.

Erm, you did hear the bit when he clarified he was trying to get out of Chick the other name that was linked to the job at the start of the season as opposed to suggesting Ferguson as a candidate now, aye?

Ferguson was supposedly sounded out about the job before Lennon got the boot. Thankfully he said no. Looking forward to hearing about the difficult circumstances behind him making such an arse of the Clyde job given we keep hearing it was circumstances that were behind him being shit at Blackpool.

Ferguson won't be anywhere near the gig. It'll almost certainly be an internal appointment.

I listened to SG's interview with Chic earlier, it was actually quite encouraging that he actually might interview people who don't currently have anything to do with the club.

He did however say that appointing Tommy wasn't a mistake! FFS

St Mirren fans' maybe took note of this at the time but in retrospect, it was telling that Thompson never took any official role in Craig's regime. I seem to remember it being suggested he didn't do so in order to focus on his playing duties but I tend to think Thompson had the foresight (along with most folk with half a footballing brain in their nut) that the St Mirren board lacked to see that Craig was never going to work out. Clever boy, is Thommo.

Not seen the odds but would imagine he's favourite and with finance still an issue, another internal appointment would be preferable for the board. He'll need to tone down his vocabulary for some of the nuggets in the dressing room though.

St Mirren fans' maybe took note of this at the time but in retrospect, it was telling that Thompson never took any official role in Craig's regime. I seem to remember it being suggested he didn't do so in order to focus on his playing duties but I tend to think Thompson had the foresight (along with most folk with half a footballing brain in their nut) that the St Mirren board lacked to see that Craig was never going to work out. Clever boy, is Thommo.

Not seen the odds but would imagine he's favourite and with finance still an issue, another internal appointment would be preferable for the board. He'll need to tone down his vocabulary for some of the nuggets in the dressing room though.

Yeah, that's probably not a bad shout. Thommo may have been heard uttering the words "I'm having nothing to do with this clusterfuck."

As for Thommo getting the job, I'm not saying it's not likely (ie, you've probably called it correctly), but it's probably not a great idea at this stage.

He ought to be our boss when we're less, shall we say, beleaguered. It would be a lot like Shearer being asked to rescue a near-relegated Newcastle. He managed - just - to avoid tarnishing his reputation and status on Tyneside, but it was a desperate move by a desperate club, and asking Thommo to try and save us would be the same, IMO.

Thompson's comments last night were hardly those of someone disappointed to see the manager booted - saying the balance of the squad was wrong and it was probably the right time for a change. Maybe adds weight to the rumours he wasn't best pleased to be ignored from the coaching set-up.

Good to see him out the door, should never have been given the job anyway and hopefully he takes his North East, Newcastle reserve rejects with him

they all stabbed Danny in the back and what goes around comes around, it's a vessel full of rats anyway, Thompson is now eyeing it up and he'll stab Teale and Goodwin in the back no problem, too many cooks

club is being run like shite.

Archived