The Tank Top Tommy Termination Thread

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sun saying he'll be given time to turn things around :bairn

Hardly unexpected mind you. That interview on Sportscene was a disgrace - I may duck out of my interviewing duties for the next few games if that's the sort of pish he is going to come out with. Lennon was OTT with his wonderful supporters pish but Craig has gone to the other extreme.

Interviewer from BBC: "Tommy, what do you have to say to the fans who have been left disappointed and frustrated by yet another poor performance?"

Tommy Craig: "Nothing"

BBC: "Nothing?!"

TC: "Nothing"

Sums it up. Disrespectful old man who has to go. Now.

In his defence I'm sure the interviewer asked what he had to say 'to those who don't think you are the man to turn it round?'

Still an appalling answer mind you.

I still can't believe lex thinks he should be given another month or so. They should get shot of him so someone else can come in, assess what's there then make changes when the January transfer window opens.

It would be absolute madness to give him another transfer window. Relegation certainty.

We waited far too long to punt Brewster when we eventually went down under Butcher. If Saint MIrren give Craig too long then they might regret it.

It actually reminds me of Mark McGhee during his disastrous spell with us. The last thing you want to do is alienate the fans even further.

Exactly. Makes me think the writing is on the wall. Although our board's recent track record would suggest he will get more time.

He has to go but our board are unlikely to act as we know. We'll still be chronic if he goes but we might have a slight chance.

No clean sheets this season, no home wins and 6 defeats out of 7 at home. At least he is taking the nerves out of the end of season fight by making sure we are down before then!

He has to go but our board are unlikely to act as we know. We'll still be chronic if he goes but we might have a slight chance.

No clean sheets this season, no home wins and 6 defeats out of 7 at home. At least he is taking the nerves out of the end of season fight by making sure we are down before then!

He has also dealt with the problem of our inconsistent results and performances.

Let's be honest he should never have got the job in the first place. Very little people, who had their wits about them, saw it as a good appointment. It's turned out exactly as predicted ie solidifying ourselves as relegation candidates. I would have said certainties if it weren't for Ross County giving us some hope of reaching the play offs. I see no reasoning to give him until January, by then we may well be cut adrift and left with no hope meaning a change in manager would just be a pointless exercise. The right thing to do is chuck Tommy Craig now, allow a new manager to try and string a set of results together with the pish Craig has assembled. If the new manager doesn't work out then fair enough but there is no evidence of Craig being able to turn it around and as such he shouldn't be given the chance.

AberdeenBud, on 24 Nov 2014 - 16:59, said:

To not be bottom with eight points going into December is pretty impressive tbh.

To put that in context, if this was the 2012/13 season, the unprepared Dundee side would be 3 points above you at this stage. Pretty sure we had already been well cut adrift by that stage as well.

To not be bottom with eight points going into December is pretty impressive tbh.

It's staggering. Other teams' incompetence shouldn't justify keeping him in a job. The, "we aren't bottom, let's keep the manager" line peddled by the loyal/patient/deluded amongst our support is a total abandonment of logic.

And to quote the other Buddies above - dat interview :lol: Craig is absolutely rattled, real verge of tears stuff. But it's ok though because we hit the bar twice.

I thought the interview was hilarious mainly cause it just kept going and going and he dig deeper and deeper.

I'm convinced St Mirren will beat us though. Which in the long run could be good, since it'll keep Grandpa Tommy in a job even longer.

Rather amusing to see the former player the papers have turned to for comment on the situation is... Chic Charnley :lol:

This is far more worthwhile reading: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/gunning-for-tommy-in-paisley.25960148

Wait - The Herard has this line in it-

"Apathy is rife among the support. The uptake of corporate hospitality has plummeted, while ticket sales for Saturday's William Hill Scottish Cup tie against Inverness Caledonian Thistle - a game not on the season book - look certain to suffer from an unofficial boycott, with fewer than 100 home fans said to have so far confirmed their attendance"

100 fans? Surely not :lol:. Must be a typo for 1000, but even that would be a strong message for the board.

A cup win against ICT would be brilliant, keep him in a job a bit longer.

Normally, you'd say that'd be typical St Mirren, pulling an unlikely random win out of a shite run of form. But not this season. Just can't see it.

We are 12/5 to win this weekend. That means, if you bet £10 on us, you will lose £10.

Archived