Falkirk v Heart of Midlothian, 15/11/2014

Had a quick look at the game on Alba on Sky+ to see the game from a different angle to the South Stand.

Dreadful first half from Falkirk, but 2nd Hearts goal was offside (just) & with 40:30 on the clock Hearts 17 Prince clearly lifts his right hand to slap Vaulks across the face. That's a clear red card!

Much better 2nd half from Falkirk, & Hearts didn't seem to be able step it back up, but Houston has to take criticism for his poor initial selection & team set up in the 1st half which left far too much to do.

As for all this fouling the Jambos were moaning about, they gave far more than they got, which is what you'd expect given how much bigger their team is physically than ours.

christ. Are all Falkirk fans registered blind?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first half was quite possibly the worst performance I've ever seen from a Falkirk team. Though quite why Houston didn't decide to make any changes from last weeks lie down at Ibrox is anyone's guess. He came out in public criticising the players for their performance but then plays the exact same team and shite formation for this game.

We were absolutely terrible and simply looked like a bunch of guys chucked together rather than a proper team and if we had been 4 or 5-0 down at half time then we couldn't have complained such was Hearts' dominance. It was like we had not done any scouting of Hearts or hadn't actually watched them play at all this season letting them have all the ball, not getting close enough and letting Gomis run the game.

Second half when we made the subs (though these subs should've been made after 20 minutes when it was obvious it wasn't working) we played far better and started to show some signs of actually caring about the game but it was too little too late and Hearts missed a couple of good chances in the second half.

For Hearts Gomis obviously shone in the first half although that was a lot to do with us letting him and being scared to get close to him, I was also impressed with King again he played well against us at Tynecastle and again yesterday.

Now for us Vaulks was yet again head and shoulders our best player. We really need 3 of him one at centre half, one at right back and another in midfield but as it is with our options at centre half I think he really has to be played in there. And our goal came from a great burst through the middle from him. Loy tried his best but he's got an impossible job up there all on his own and Botti yet again impressing when he came on what does he need to do to get a run of games?

Tom Taiwo can f**k off anytime he likes, easily the worst of Houstons terrible signings. Abysmal player that neither adds or brings anything to our team, a central midfielder that can't control or pass the ball. Scary to think he was on the books of Chelsea 8 years ago. Peter Grant is another one who just because his age seems to avoid criticism from some of our support but he's absolutely fucking shite and nowhere near ready for the first-team and McGeever certainly should be ahead of him in the pecking order. He seems to only be able to turn in right angles, he's slower than McCracken and his passing? Fucking hell! Around 10 times every game he'll just launch the ball aimlessly up the left channel and put for a goal kick. Oh and cooper motm? :unsure:

Much improvement needed and hopefully the likes of Botti, T.Grant, Duffie/Rowan, Blair, McNab will begin to get a chance in the first team sooner rather than later.

The first half was quite possibly the worst performance I've ever seen from a Falkirk team. Though quite why Houston didn't decide to make any changes from last weeks lie down at Ibrox is anyone's guess. He came out in public criticising the players for their performance but then plays the exact same team and shite formation for this game.

We were absolutely terrible and simply looked like a bunch of guys chucked together rather than a proper team and if we had been 4 or 5-0 down at half time then we couldn't have complained such was Hearts' dominance. It was like we had not done any scouting of Hearts or hadn't actually watched them play at all this season letting them have all the ball, not getting close enough and letting Gomis run the game.

Second half when we made the subs (though these subs should've been made after 20 minutes when it was obvious it wasn't working) we played far better and started to show some signs of actually caring about the game but it was too little too late and Hearts missed a couple of good chances in the second half.

For Hearts Gomis obviously shone in the first half although that was a lot to do with us letting him and being scared to get close to him, I was also impressed with King again he played well against us at Tynecastle and again yesterday.

Now for us Vaulks was yet again head and shoulders our best player. We really need 3 of him one at centre half, one at right back and another in midfield but as it is with our options at centre half I think he really has to be played in there. And our goal came from a great burst through the middle from him. Loy tried his best but he's got an impossible job up there all on his own and Botti yet again impressing when he came on what does he need to do to get a run of games?

Tom Taiwo can f**k off anytime he likes, easily the worst of Houstons terrible signings. Abysmal player that neither adds or brings anything to our team, a central midfielder that can't control or pass the ball. Scary to think he was on the books of Chelsea 8 years ago. Peter Grant is another one who just because his age seems to avoid criticism from some of our support but he's absolutely fucking shite and nowhere near ready for the first-team and McGeever certainly should be ahead of him in the pecking order. He seems to only be able to turn in right angles, he's slower than McCracken and his passing? Fucking hell! Around 10 times every game he'll just launch the ball aimlessly up the left channel and put for a goal kick. Oh and cooper motm? :unsure:

Much improvement needed and hopefully the likes of Botti, T.Grant, Duffie/Rowan, Blair, McNab will begin to get a chance in the first team sooner rather than later.

Now that Duffie's fit again I think it would be worth trying pairing Shaughnessy and McCracken in central defence as we need Vaulks in the middle of the park imo.

Now that Duffie's fit again I think it would be worth trying pairing Shaughnessy and McCracken in central defence as we need Vaulks in the middle of the park imo.

Depends what Duffie we get back....Id be more for Vaulks dropping back as I posted earlier McCracken looked more like the player he was at the start of the season, since Grant has came in, he has been dragged down to his level, I have never been convinced with Grant from the off, he came in and we kept a clean sheet with him taking out McCracken in a challenge, he has managed to stick in there, but for me all came to convince me he isnt good enough is getting beat for pace from Jordan White after having a yard or so on him.

Archived