Hibernian v.s Queens

The game was exactly the sort of dull affair that was needed after the nervous energy I expended on Friday night. I didn't think it was all that bad, some nice midfield play from both sides but absolutely no incident.

Holt and Durnan were the obvious standouts for us. I'd say Lyle was considerably worse than Baird and from the times I've seen him it seems obvious that the latter plays better in behind Reilly rather than leading the line.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking forward to this game for various reasons but as a football spectacle it was a bit of a nonentity. From Danny Carmichael there was not the trickery and wing wizardry I was hoping to see. Also with Gavin Reilly, when he came on apart from the first few minutes there wasnt his normal energetic and enthusiastic in your face closing down in and around the opposing penalty box. Queens seemed confident and reasonable comfortable at playing the ball across their back four. The left back did make a couple of good runs but there was never an end product. In fact I was surprised that the young 19 year old Albanian goalkeeper Pemtreou, didnt have a save to make and had near enough nothing to do all game.

Queens as a team seemed from the off to be content with trying to contain Hibs and playing for a nil, nil draw. If Heffernan had not passed up on a glorious opportunity near the end by blasting it over the bar from 6 yards out while in the centre of the goal, Queens could have gone home with nothing.

If we had lost a late goal I would have been absolutely furious. We sat way too deep and set up not to lose which is fine if you are playing a Barcelona or another top quality side but we were playing the worst hibs team anyone at the game has seen. We ultimately got a point which is by no means the worst result but I think we could and should have had a bit more of a go at them.

Thought Hibs should have won it with that late chance. As big a miss as Baird had last week. The only shot of note I can remember was a McShane effort in the last 10 mins when he ran towards the box and let fly. It unfortunately went well wide but he could have and should have hit the target. Who was it who had a shot from about the centre circle sensing the Hibs keeper was off his line

Thought Hibs should have won it with that late chance. As big a miss as Baird had last week. The only shot of note I can remember was a McShane effort in the last 10 mins when he ran towards the box and let fly. It unfortunately went well wide but he could have and should have hit the target. Who was it who had a shot from about the centre circle sensing the Hibs keeper was off his line

Think it was Durns.

Archived