Darvel

Darvel legend

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not suggest we were lucky, first half you were the better team, never took advantage. Second half we were by far the better team and should have scored a few more. I think you will find that Darvel lumped the ball from back to front most of the time. Buffs tried at times to play football, however the cow field prevented it at times. At the end of the day it's the 3pts that matters, the ref was bad for both teams at times. Your complaining at every wee thing did not help matters, it's was embarrassing at times. Overall sour grapes comes to mind.

Don't think you were at the same game buffs were the ones lumping the long ball and as for the quote the cow field I look forward to the teams playing on the perfect surface at kilwinning and I think the darvel supporters have every right to be aggrieved at the referees decisions some being a joke but I will agree the buffs were the better team in the 2 nd half

• 2 weeks later...

Darvel 3 Dalry 2 not darvels best performance but showed great fight and spirit down 2/1 with five minutes to go and ground out a good result looking forward to a really good game at Ardrossan next week

Never a penalty for 2-2, but that gave Darvel the impetus to go and get the winner. Dalry should have defended the corner better.

This was one of the games we had earmarked to take in when it looked like Talbot were on a blank. There is obviously a lot of hard work being done at Darvel,chances are we will get an opportunity to see them this week. How did the boy Johnstone play this week? He has always been one I have kept an eye on in the hope he would end up at the Talbot,and go on from there.

This was one of the games we had earmarked to take in when it looked like Talbot were on a blank. There is obviously a lot of hard work being done at Darvel,chances are we will get an opportunity to see them this week. How did the boy Johnstone play this week? He has always been one I have kept an eye on in the hope he would end up at the Talbot,and go on from there.

Worst player i've ever seen . Wouldn't get a game for the auchinleck over 35s.

• 1 month later...

Darvel performance against Whittlets was really poor yesterday once again the defence struggled against a good side but when they had the ball they never looked for a pass and played the long ball, no composure at all. They have to improve to get back to winning.

Dont think it was just the defence yesterday,only one midfielder wanted the ball yesterday and made any running. Agree it was a lack lustre performance and they need to get bk to winning ways soon.

I agree with that mate not just the defence but it didn't help midfield balls cleared up the park with the height of their defence, they can play better than that

Archived