Change of Venue

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you sure Cree Valley Woodlands trust OWN the woodlands around the pitch??????????????????

Don,t know who told you that but it is nonsense as far as Blairmount is concerned.

Newton Stewart did not design or build the facility and do not own the land in or around the pitch.The club have a lease on the pitch and the top field and the Cree Valley Woodlands Trust own and administer the woodlands around the pitch.

However dont let the truth get in the way of a slagging off!

By the way the pitch was playable Sun morning so the blocked drains must have miraculously unblocked overnight.

nsfc would surely have had an input on the decision to put the big £500,000 grey elephant on Blairmount or did it just fall out of the sky. wrong place

Ask all the organisations who have used the facility if it is a "grey" white elephant.

Are all the good facilities in D&G to be situated in Stranraer or Dumfries?

There has been one glitch at Blairmount which will hopefully be resolved soon .

Blairmount 3G is a community facility and is used by Newton Stewart FC Newton Stewart Rugby Club Creetown FC Wigtown Reserves Galloway Thistle and Private individuals.Newton Stewart Fc are responsible for running the facility and putting by money to maintain and renew the pitch.

All this info is in the public domain as I have already explained and NSFC have no access to any money raised from the park.

Re Woodlands Trust perhaps the right word should be "administer"

I have heard that a 3G was unplayable also on Friday/Saturday at Dumfries, so if is true this shows that it was just a lot of precipitation in such a short period of time! It's not NSFC's fault!

I don't think anyone is blaming NSFC as they never built it but questions need to be asked of the construction company who built it.

I don't think anyone is blaming NSFC as they never built it but questions need to be asked of the construction company who built it.

Dont think you can blame the Contractors who built it either, they would be working to an approved plan supplied to them by the Councils/Sports Scotland. There is obviously a problem with the drainage. Saints game was on Sat with Junior teams on Friday and Sunday,no pitch flooded there but Saints got a contractor to cut down their trees before pitch was laid as this was a potential problem, leaves etc. Wind yer knecks in, it will get sorted (eventually). Newtons main problem, apart from the shit stirrers on here, is the pine trees around the pitch. This will clog the drianage holes in the matting. It cant be hoovered up without hoovering up the rubber granules. There also appears to be some run of from the dugout side from the banking that also needs addressed. Dont see how anyone can blame the club, possibly a bit of jealousy creeping in from others without a 3g facility.

No been there yet mate!!

How are Wigtown and Newton getting on with there club licencing ? I am sure that it must be in place before the season finishes or if either team wins the league they can not take part in any play off to get promotion or take part in next years Scottish Cup.

Is there promotion from the SOS this season?

Yeah - assuming the right licences are in place. If the South champs and the East champs both have the right licence they'll have a play-off to decide who goes into the Lowland League. If only one has it then they go straight in and if neither have it the team at the bottom of the Lowland League gets a reprieve. Think of it as the equivalent of the 10,000 seater rule in the SPL in the early 2000s!

I think that's right - don't think there is a play-off game against the Lowland League side at any point.

Yeah - assuming the right licences are in place. If the South champs and the East champs both have the right licence they'll have a play-off to decide who goes into the Lowland League. If only one has it then they go straight in and if neither have it the team at the bottom of the Lowland League gets a reprieve. Think of it as the equivalent of the 10,000 seater rule in the SPL in the early 2000s!

I think that's right - don't think there is a play-off game against the Lowland League side at any point.

Now I may be wrong here but I have heard there is talk that they want a final two teams in the Lowland League to make it 16!!

Archived