Change of Venue

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone from Newton, Wigtown, or any team who can potentially win the league shed some light on this whole promotion criteria? ? Surely they must know? There are so many conflicting opinions on this floating about.

I don't think it's that complex, tbf, but as you say some exact details would be good. What is certainly in the public domain is this - if one of the champions are licensed, they're promoted in place of the bottom club. If both are licensed, there's a playoff. If neither are licensed, there's no promotion/relegation.

There should also be an application process of some kind as there is bound to be at least 1 LL vacancy in any scenario.

Also - although I haven't seen confirmed this anywhere - presumably if an existing LL club fails to get licensed in time then the bottom club will not still be relegated. As it's usual practice when someone resigns/expels/etc. to reduce the number of relegation places accordingly.

What seems to remain unclear are:

[1] playoff arrangements (although presumably home-n-away like the rest of Senior football)

[2] if a club is relegated, can it go into the application process alongside new clubs, to try and get back in?

Suggestion made above, that if both champions are licensed they'll both be promoted, is something I haven't seen mentioned before on here, in local papers or on LL twitter. And it goes against the playoff bit? However, at a practical level, even if there was a playoff there would surely be a good chance that whoever lost it could get in via application - not many licensed clubs about, and none would have finished as high?

I don't think it's that complex, tbf, but as you say some exact details would be good. What is certainly in the public domain is this - if one of the champions are licensed, they're promoted in place of the bottom club. If both are licensed, there's a playoff. If neither are licensed, there's no promotion/relegation.

There should also be an application process of some kind as there is bound to be at least 1 LL vacancy in any scenario.

Also - although I haven't seen confirmed this anywhere - presumably if an existing LL club fails to get licensed in time then the bottom club will not still be relegated. As it's usual practice when someone resigns/expels/etc. to reduce the number of relegation places accordingly.

What seems to remain unclear are:

[1] playoff arrangements (although presumably home-n-away like the rest of Senior football)

[2] if a club is relegated, can it go into the application process alongside new clubs, to try and get back in?

Suggestion made above, that if both champions are licensed they'll both be promoted, is something I haven't seen mentioned before on here, in local papers or on LL twitter. And it goes against the playoff bit? However, at a practical level, even if there was a playoff there would surely be a good chance that whoever lost it could get in via application - not many licensed clubs about, and none would have finished as high?

Thanks for that mate

Archived