League 2 Stats (hopefully)

m4d

Statistics 2.pdf

Hopefully here are some stats for League 2. If this hasn't worked then I may give up. If it has worked, hopefully worth it.

Works fine for me, and I sincerely applaud the effort, and whilst it's easy to look at games involving your own team with slightly tinted spectacles, the credibility of your stats went tits up when they showed Clyde to be one of the most dominated teams against in terms of possession!

Arbroath apart I've watched us have the most possession in my opinion in every game.

Really enjoyed that m4d. After the 1st thread I thought you were maybe taking the piss a bit. But that was good. Keep it up. I think it's no surprise that we are strong right until the death, I've heard a few players have said Moores pre season training was, well mental. That along with the fact that we have such a young side must play a part.

The team and players who've played the majority of the campaign have been (I think that's their ages);

Crawford 28

Whatley 24

Nicoll 28

Zubaidi 19

McBride 24

Linn 27

Hunter 21

Stewart 19

Carreiro 19

Murray 22

McManus 32

Average age about 23.9 I think?

Fingers crossed we come out on top in the next set of stats ;)

:lol:

Re the above post - what we appear to be doing is passing across our back 4 a lot, and around midfield. When we do attack, we are reasonable, but are frankly too methodical and slow to turn possession into something positive.

Queens Park in the first half was a good example of a lot of possession, a team dropping deep to negate it, and then we went direct (winning the game). Daly turned the game that day, but appears to be possibly the next one out the door.

A more enjoyable read than A&C Advertiser reporting IMO, and a more accurate one than THHP's approximations.

"League crabs" is a lovely description of our boring passing game.

I can't contend any of the stats but the QP summary is frighteningly accurate. With insightful reporting like that you've no future at all in political journalism :P

Keep it going please.

Yeah, they've mixed their Kevin Fotheringhams up. (The other one, at least as of the other week, is playing for Hill of Beath Hawthorn.)

Great work from the OP, anyway. There's a danger of reading too much into that based on a limited sample size of ten games, but Berwick's stats are curious.

Archived