Fernando Ricksen

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's ignore all the bawheids having a go about the line-ups, etc, and say well done to all concerned in organising, participating and attending this match to raise funds to fight this horrendous disease. I hope that the fans who were present remembered that this event was about raising cash for MND and Fernando Ricksen's fight with it and did not hijack it to demonstrate about the Club's current off-field problems. Shame on anyone who did.

Well done again to all concerned.

Ricksen was a fucking nutcase of the highest order when he was at Ibrox. He was brilliant entertainment. Always liked him. Absolutely heartbreaking to see him like that. There is no cure, so I can only say I hope he doesn't suffer too much. Really sad. Good on the players and fans who were there today.

:(

All very moving and actually quite impressive.

I don't mean this facetiously, but I wonder if Rangers' turmoil has, in a roundabout way, aided this fixture and therefore the excellent cause.

People who've been staying away would have welcomed the chance to attend 'legitimately'. It's probably also been quite therapeutic for all concerned to once more feel good about their club.

Ricksen himself looks to have deteriorated a fair bit and it makes for emotional viewing. Out of interest, was McCoist present? With such goodwill and club based support for a cause around, it would seem a shame if he was denied the right to participate.

Archived