Fernando Ricksen

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All profits from the game will be split equally four ways between Fernando, his daughter Isabella, Motor Neurone Disease Scotland and the Rangers Charity Foundation.

Em,no it isn't, it's going to his daughter and three other organisation's. HTH.

Em, no it isn't. it's going to him, his daughter and 2 organisations.

personally i think the cash should all go to charity as he should be wealthy enough from his ebt :ph34r: but i am sure he'll need as much cash as possible for treatment / care etc.

Terminal illness is not a subject of derision no matter who the person is. This is about someone who is well-respected in the footballing world. I hope he gets support from all factions of Scottish football and we can put all of our petty squabbling aside to wish him and his family all the best for the future. There are more important things in the world than football rivalry.

Terminal illness is not a subject of derision no matter who the person is. This is about someone who is well-respected in the footballing world. I hope he gets support from all factions of Scottish football and we can put all of our petty squabbling aside to wish him and his family all the best for the future. There are more important things in the world than football rivalry.

agree on that. Life is too short for petty squabbles. I hope he gets a great turn out for the game. Respect where it's due

• 2 months later...

Bump for this as the game is this weekend...Mixed reports regarding ticket sales. I believe the crowd will be around 25-30,000. Hopefully get at least that and i am not looking for anybody to post shite about the Rangers Charity Foundation. Surely it is not too much to ask for the guy and this game to be given the respect they deserve.

Going to get tickets later in the week and i am hoping they have to open the full stadium

Tbf he didnt. Due to his contract agreement he is banned but will ask for permission to make an appearance at the game.

Anyway this isnt about McCoist or the board but is about Fernando and raising money to help battle this terrible disease

Well done WRK. Just a wee note..it isnt the club who are arranging this but a group of supporters.

Not sure what the cost of a ticket is but that ll be about right.

Well done WRK. Just a wee note..it isnt the club who are arranging this but a group of supporters.

Not sure what the cost of a ticket is but that ll be about right.

Cool. Having benefitted hugely from the care of one group who rely on charity in the last year, it puts it into perspective a bit.

Feel free to donate - a cracking set of people!

Went with a celtic daft mate and his family to Stiliyan Petrov's charity match and it was a great day out,fantastic atmosphere and a little bit more than emotional as it brings your own mortality into question when you see guys like Stiliyan and Fernando struck down with a very severe and life threatening illness at such young ages...you cheer or boo these guys on a Saturday,but it's hard to imagine them no longer with us.....so I have no doubt that Fernando Ricksen's match will be a sellout also,and have the same friendly and warm feeling that there was at the Celtic game...forget whatever is going on just now,and all other differences get put aside at times like this.

Ricksen was a decent footballer and I wish him all the best and hope for a full recovery, he doesn't deserve what is happening to him right now.

Archived