About the price of oil in the White Paper........

Clarkston5

Utter bollocks. And this was one of the main reasons you lost.

Exactly why Salmond, Sturgeon, Robertson, Hosie etc faked rage when they got asked questions in the QT programmes. They have no answers

Remember Robertson started rolling his eyes when that wee lassie in the sixth form challenged him on funding education? "We want 16 year olds to vote" as long as they're thick enough to vote for independence :rolleyes:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly why Sturgeon and Hosie fake rage when they got asked questions in the QT programmes. They have no answers

Hosie is a semi functional cretin. I absolutely LOVE the fact he is the deputy leader.

I think you'll find this was already dumped in the WP. What FURTHER cuts would be made?

What was dumped ? That's a lot of cuts I've gave you which amounts to a lot of money. The wastage through being part of the UK is huge.

What was dumped ? That's a lot of cuts I've gave you which amounts to a lot of money. The wastage through being part of the UK is huge.

Have you factored in all the additional costs associated with being a new entity?

The plan (in as much as you can call it that with aspirational costs, arrangements and agreements) was to run with a significant deficit; albeit one that was going to be less than rUK. That was with oil at the predicted prices.

Have you factored in all the additional costs associated with being a new entity?

Yep. 400 million was it not. 1 and a half billion per year saving on defence costs trumps the lot and that doesn't include our share of 100 billion on Trident renewal.

Eh, no.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jun/22/independent-scotland-startup-costs-200million

Oh sorry, 200 million then and let's say an extra 400 million on IT systems. IT that we'll need to pay for inside the union anyway. So that's 600 million in one off costs.

Let's say we take defence savings over 5 years. That's 7.5 billion. Easily covers everything. That doesn't include 10% of Trident renewal, HS2, Crossrail, Hinkly point, House of Lords etc.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jun/22/independent-scotland-startup-costs-200million

Oh sorry, 200 million then and let's say an extra 400 million on IT systems. IT that we'll need to pay for inside the union anyway. So that's 600 million in one off costs.

Let's say we take defence savings over 5 years. That's 7.5 billion. Easily covers everything. That doesn't include 10% of Trident renewal, HS2, Crossrail, Hinkly point, House of Lords etc.

The SNP refused to give a cost.

Fail I'm afraid.

Answers a question with a question. The refuge for the failed.

I've answered your question.

We have no idea what the "start up costs" would have been as the SNP refused to quantify it. It also wouldn't just be "start up costs" - it would be a budgetary addition for each year following to maintain.

Now, why did you put "1.5 bn" there? What is that figure for?

All the things you mention were already factored OUT. You are attempting to save money TWICE here and ignoring the fact state revenues will be massively down on the figures produced by the SG and bunged in their WP.

So. Try again.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived