About the price of oil in the White Paper........

Clarkston5

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Around Three billion. It's still pretty valuable. People still buy the stuff. :o

So you are exclusively revealing that oil would mean we wouldn't have been running with a deficit in iScotland are you. :lol: Wow no even the SNP were claiming that one, did you not pick up on the wee clues that were there - all your buddys avoided this question for a reason. The plan was still to run in the red, there was no 'bonus' in the iScot economy, but again this massive detail was beyond you.

So you are exclusively revealing that oil would mean we wouldn't have been running with a deficit in iScotland are you. :lol: Wow no even the SNP were claiming that one, did you not pick up on the wee clues that were there - all your buddys avoided this question for a reason. The plan was still to run in the red, there was no 'bonus' in the iScot economy, but again this massive detail was beyond you.

I don't think he, or anyone else said that. The UK has a massive deficit, of course we wouldn't be leaving that in the black on day one.

The argument has always been whether or not Scotland would be in a better position to manage its deficit and return to sound financial footing in the long term. I'm sure you don't happen to think it would but given you don't seem to realise the UK has a deficit, forgive me if I don't give a shit.

I don't think he, or anyone else said that. The UK has a massive deficit, of course we wouldn't be leaving that in the black on day one.

The argument has always been whether or not Scotland would be in a better position to manage its deficit and return to sound financial footing in the long term. I'm sure you don't happen to think it would but given you don't seem to realise the UK has a deficit, forgive me if I don't give a shit.

If you can pinpoint me stating, or even inferring, that the UK does not have a deficit that would be helpful.

I can't help it if he can't answer a simple question; perhaps you should take that up with him.

I did answer it. Your shouting "Oil is worthless". You're a moron dude.

Right then, even your pals are leaving you out swinging alone with this one. You answered a question; just not the one I asked or indeed the one you think you did :lol: .

Just in case you like banging your head against a wall, the question was ' if oil is an extra, how much in the black would this have put iScot in'. And if you can highlight where I said 'oil is worthless' and thus prove its not just a figment of your imagination (at your level at least you have something), that would be great.

So if we don't have the figures how were they able to come to the conclusion that oil is extra?

If Oil is reserved, Scotland spends what it raises. Oil tax is extra.

And if you can highlight where I said 'oil is worthless' and thus prove its not just a figment of your imagination (at your level at least you have something), that would be great.

So what's your point then? You think we would be bankrupt, because we have oil.

• 2 weeks later...

"Italian oil group Eni has said the next spike could be around $200 a barrel."

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-30913321

Apparently the price of oil can fluctuate. Who knew?

Hopefully sometime around March 2016 then we can all chide the half dozen or so Scottish Labour MP's, cannae wait.

Archived