About the price of oil in the White Paper........

Clarkston5

Is it 2016 already??

The one year forecast is $72 a barrel, have you got better intel than that? Still a mere $40 a barrel off El Gordo's "worst case scenario" . I'm sure the SNP didn't base their figures on total bullshit after all..

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one year forecast is $72 a barrel, have you got better intel than that? Still a mere $40 a barrel off El Gordo's "worst case scenario" . I'm sure the SNP didn't base their figures on total bullshit after all..

So whats going on then?A resource thats running out should go up in price? Maybe its got something to do with russia and iran??

ps The last bit is a massive clue ;)

So whats going on then?A resource thats running out should go up in price? Maybe its got something to do with russia and iran??

ps The last bit is a massive clue ;)

Supply and demand. The world is bringing out more than it actually needs and the price drops. Fairly basic stuff really. Someone should introduce Scottish nationalists to how economics actually works.

But this wasn't exactly a surprise as virtually everyone agreed that the SNP were talking shit as usual and had based their economic figures on pure fiction. I believe anyone daring to question these figures was written off as a scaremongerer, or if it was an institution they were written off as Westminster puppets or Toreeeeesssss. Thankfully the vast majority of Scots just quietly knifed the noisy, economically illiterate nats in the polling booths.

Supply and demand. The world is bringing out more than it actually needs and the price drops. Fairly basic stuff really. Someone should introduce Scottish nationalists to how economics actually works.

But this wasn't exactly a surprise as virtually everyone agreed that the SNP were talking shit as usual and had based their economic figures on pure fiction. I believe anyone daring to question these figures was written off as a scaremongerer, or if it was an institution they were written off as Westminster puppets or Toreeeeesssss. Thankfully the vast majority of Scots just quietly knifed the noisy, economically illiterate nats in the polling booths.

Smashing

Why don't you use an equivalent scenario? What was the forward price for Brent Crude delivery for November 2014 in August 2012? I will give you a clue - it certainly wasn't $66.

Saudi is intentionally allowing production to remain high to supress the price and make the US shale and Canadian tar sands un-economic. Your understanding of economics is so flawed that you couldn't teach primary school children how to look after their pocket money.

Per capita, and removing oil and gas, the Scottish economy is pretty much equal to the UK economy. Oil is a bonus to the Scottish economy, an asset which should belong to the people of Scotland and be managed on their behalf.

Oil will pay for everything was never a claim of any faction of the yes campaign and not a significant reason for the vast majority of yes voters.

Anyway lets get on with holding the economically literate UK government to account who are currently spending £3k per second more than we earn, in addition to the debt equivalent to £100k for every family in the UK.

Oil is such a burden for Scotland that the establishment don't want us to have full control over it.

You know... because they're just such a lovely bunch keeping this "liability" out of Scotlands hands.

Hi ya Comedious Hi ya Pal! You were doing well, but just couldn't leave alone could ya? :thumsup2

Per capita, and removing oil and gas, the Scottish economy is pretty much equal to the UK economy. Oil is a bonus to the Scottish economy, an asset which should belong to the people of Scotland and be managed on their behalf.

Oil will pay for everything was never a claim of any faction of the yes campaign and not a significant reason for the vast majority of yes voters.

Anyway lets get on with holding the economically literate UK government to account who are currently spending £3k per second more than we earn, in addition to the debt equivalent to £100k for every family in the UK.

The 'plan' for iScot was to also to run at a deficit I believe, the big selling point was just that it would be less a deficit than UK and even that was based on everything re the economy and the iScot being delivered on plan.

The 'plan' for iScot was to also to run at a deficit I believe, the big selling point was just that it would be less a deficit than UK and even that was based on everything re the economy and the iScot being delivered on plan.

I think you'll find everything is based on the economy champ.

The "tough choices" were outlined:

- To ditch the troughing politicians

- To stop paying for Trident

- To run an ethical foreign policy

Thousands of millions of pounds per annum.

• 5 weeks later...

Brent crude at $47.43 at close of play yesterday. Salmond was pricing his economic plans at a "pessimistic" $113 a barrel. But his more optimistic scenario was for £150 a barrel.

The one year forecast just now is $52 a barrel.

oh dear

This shocking and unexpected news that the price of oil is manipulated for economic and political reasons by the world's major powers resulting in a commodity who's price can fall as well as rise has certainly opened my eyes.

Furthermore in the light of these revelations I'd expect Nigeria to renounce it's independence in the coming days and Jacob Rees-Mogg to be appointed Governor-General.

Archived