About the price of oil in the White Paper........

Clarkston5

I see Osbourne has been talking about this " very interesting idea of creating a sovereign wealth" from the shale gas in the North of England. You couldn't make this shit up. You can't put into an oil fund whilst running at a deficit but you can invest in a shale gas fund whilst running at a deficit.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Osbourne has been talking about this " very interesting idea of creating a sovereign wealth" from the shale gas in the North of England. You couldn't make this shit up. You can't put into an oil fund whilst running at a deficit but you can invest in a shale gas fund whilst running at a deficit.

Politicians say stupid things, and no matter their alleged differences they share remarkable commonality in selling rubbish to the people. no matter if its from the tories or the SNP a daft idea, is a daft idea.

Politicians say stupid things, and no matter their alleged differences they share remarkable commonality in selling rubbish to the people. no matter if its from the tories or the SNP a daft idea, is a daft idea.

An oil fund is a great idea. Would have been even better if the UK gov had the sense to set one up 20 years ago.

An oil fund is a great idea. Would have been even better if the UK gov had the sense to set one up 20 years ago.

So you support the proposed shale fund despite the deficit and interest payments?

So you support the proposed shale fund despite the deficit and interest payments?

Yes. If we looked over the long term and did it correctly it would be much better than spending the gains paying off interest. We don't spend any of it now so I don't see the point in spending the windfall if it does turn out to be a good earner.

We really need to think outside the box. Norway did it and Shetland did it as well. No reason why we can't.

But we can count on you to only criticise the SNP when they do it and remain strangely quiet when it's Westminster governments.

That's their fault for taking leadership of the referendum movement. Would you rather see Tommy Sheridan as a FM? :lol:

Please please say yes :lol:

30% in Norway... and they aint doing too bad Clarkston 5

Indeed. Now they are in the very volatile situation of making more money off the interest from their pension fund than they do off of oil revenue. I really can't understand how they deal with all the uncertainty.

I'd rather have my mind at ease spunkin it on bombs, wars and train sets.

Brent crude at $82 a barrel just now. A mere $31 down on what Salmond was basing his entire economic fiction on. Oh dear.

Putting the fun into oil fund <_<

Yip, big oil producing countries going bust all over the place.

We better get some aid to Norway as, with 30% of their economy being oil, I fear they may be about to go through some very tough times.

We better get some aid to Norway as, with 30% of their economy being oil, I fear they may be about to go through some very tough times.

Venezuela

Argentina

Libya

Colombia

Archived