About the price of oil in the White Paper........

Clarkston5

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see it is the fault of the Uk gov though

What were the SNP going to do when the oil price completely blew out of the water their grand spending plans?

What were the SNP going to do when the oil price completely blew out of the water their grand spending plans?

They were going to ask you mate, you and Clarko here, the oil experts.

Funny that you should post this. I was just looking for the previous topic about oil so that I could post about this article.

What we have here is the industry that is looking for financial stability to enable forward planning now wants a review of the taxing of the offshore industry. :rolleyes:

I am sure that they wo't be lobbying for any tax increase once oil is back over $100

Oil prices can fluctuate heavily? Who would have thunk it?

The oils not going anywhere, but no doubt the tories will pander at some point to the big oil companies if it does drop further. Need to get pillaged by the american medical companies first though.

Rather ironic that the government is calling for the petrol price to fall.

With oil at $84 (£52.83)

Duty: 57.95

VAT on Duty: 11.59

Fuel element of price 42.63

VAT on fuel element 8.53

Total Price per Litre 120.70

Government Takes 78.07

With oil at $115 (£67.25)

Duty: 57.95

VAT on Duty: 11.59

Fuel element of price 51.80

VAT on fuel element 10.36

Total Price per Litre 131.70

Government Takes 79.90

So taking into account that in £ terms the raw material has fallen by approx 22% and the retail price has fallen by 17.7%, I cannot really see what the government are complaining about. Especially since their own take has increased from 60.6% to 64.6%

Posts stupid thread when oil price drops. won't make another thread when price goes back up = troll

Oh Reynard :rolleyes:

I'm not Reynard but just to get your insight into this. So do you agree that oil prices will fall well below the predicted 113$ a barrel for Brent crude, yes?

I'm not Reynard but just to get your insight into this. So do you agree that oil prices will fall well below the predicted 113$ a barrel for Brent crude, yes?

I have no idea and don't care Reynard, I enjoy your angry rants though :)

Archived