Rangers vs Falkirk

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that wee Lewis got MOTM today but I thought Darren McGregor played a stormer and seems to be improving with every game.

I remember being a bit sceptical when we signed him, only really knew that he was a bit of a croc but some of buddies on here said that he was underrated and they were right - he's been our best player so far and i'd love to see him playing beside a real center half.

We'd have a solid back two.

I remember being a bit sceptical when we signed him, only really knew that he was a bit of a croc but some of buddies on here said that he was underrated and they were right - he's been our best player so far and i'd love to see him playing beside a real center half.

We'd have a solid back two.

McGregor was the kind of signing that should have been made ahead of the foreign imports ally has signed and been moved on.

Good defender but never a right back.

Several players have started showing up on a regular basis.

I know that everyone loves to hate Ian Black but I for one am glad to have him in the squad, Kenny Miller is another that some like to malign but I see him as an asset, these two alongside, Bell, Macloed, Wallace, McGregor and Law are all a step above championship level and could form the nucleus of a good premiership squad.

That is, without doubt, the makings of a good team and we looked more than decent today. I also thought that Miller put in a good shift and is an asset. Three things vex me:

1. Centre back is a problem as Ben highlighted. I dread Moshni being brought back either through injury or Ally being stupid.

2. We need a decent striker. Boyd and Daly are just not cutting it. Is it time to give Nicky Clark a few starts?

3. What do we do about 'ma baw' Templeton? The guy clearly has loads of ability but isn't delivering.

That is, without doubt, the makings of a good team and we looked more than decent today. I also thought that Miller put in a good shift and is an asset. Three things vex me:

1. Centre back is a problem as Ben highlighted. I dread Moshni being brought back either through injury or Ally being stupid.

2. We need a decent striker. Boyd and Daly are just not cutting it. Is it time to give Nicky Clark a few starts?

3. What do we do about 'ma baw' Templeton? The guy clearly has loads of ability but isn't delivering.

No it's to stick with Boyd,he will come good...

We've got 4 strikers that a lot of SPL teams would cut their right hands off to get, two of them though have fitness/injury issues and i just hope that Ally is sensible, as he needlessly ran players into the ground last season. I'd say that Boyds more of a team player now and it's a pity that he's not banging them in, Clark imo didn;t deserve to be dropped.

In midfield we're pretty solid but i'd like to see Ally being bolder and playing Macleod in the middle.

Mohsni doesn't play mate, hence the 1 goal conceded in 8 games. Better than Miller? You are just plain fucking stupid lol

Miller and Boyd are absolute dug shite these days. Sooner the fans and Sally realise you will do better.

Falkirk contained Rangers till the second goal went in but that is all we did.

Disappointing thing for me I that defensively I think Rangers can be got at, unfortunately we didn't even try very hard to do that.

Shaughnessy and Vaulks were our best for me. I thought Miller was Rangers best player by a long way. Daly also looks miles ahead of Boyd.

1- It's a shame it took a suspension to force our management team into dropping the bombscare that is Mohsni. Everybody else could see he was the weak link. There is talk Bougherra wants to come back to see out his career..not sure if that is a step in the right direction. We do have Gasporota(sp) who is a big solid centre back and certainly one for the future.

2- I like Clark but he is too similar to Miller and Miller is always going to start. That leaves you with a straight choice of Boyd or Daly. Going by form it has to be Daly as he delivers everytime he comes on but then again i can see the argument in starting with Boyd as we all know he has it but it just isn't happening for him at the moment.

3- Templeton is a winger and there has never been a winger that isn't infuriatingly inconsistent. If i was the manager i would start him every week and give him the run of games he needs. Some weeks he will win games by himself and other games he will flit in and out of and some where he will be like a man down but he has to start!!

4- I have to mention Stevie Smith, A much maligned player, there are always a few groans around the ground when he starts ahead of more attack minded players. I thought he was excellent in the short time he was on the park. A fantastic ball out to McLeod to set up Millers goal and then a fantastic through ball to Wallace to set up Clarks goal.

As far as MOTM goes i thought we played well as a team and everybody contributed but for me it was McLeod. One of his best games i thought and anybody watching that would know exactly why he is included in the full Scotland squad.

T'is nice to see Rangers supporters in their element. And this thread seems to have brought out the best in the likes of No8 and thepundit for the most part.

Still hope they get pumped of course.

Wtf have i done now???

Archived