The Trews - Russell Brand

Mr Romanov

He's like Sodje and Erin's me maw. They post and then fill themselves with self importance but most people either ignore them or regard them with mild contempt. Stupid and irrelevant

My my, don't you seem upset.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The proceeds are going to build juice bars which will give employment to homeless people, addicts and mentally ill folk.

Clarkston5 should apply for one of the vacancies then.

I seem it, do I? I'm not

Randomly going off on one over a poster or two that you think are "stupid and irrelevant" (btw, you not contradicting yourself a bit there no?) when there's been no exchange with them leading up to it suggests someone is a bit cranky.

He's spot on about addicts like Perry who had a privileged upbringing. Addiction is a myth. If people get clean they do so themselves and I don't see why we should have to pay for them to do so. If laws were stronger and enforced drugs would not be a problem in society. When drugs are categorized, it allows them to be used and the harm caused by cannabis is worse than that caused by cigarettes but it'll take the liberal elite another 20 years before it becomes prohibited. Look at the way smokers are now demonized. Do that with cannabis!

Haha, this guy is well out his depth.

Nice, anyone who disagrees with you should be beaten, now where have I heard that before?

oswald-mosley.jpg

Funny you accuse everyone who disagrees with you of being right wing.

You support convicted rapists in the entertainment industry and anyone who disagrees with this is a "Daily Mail Reader". It's fucking bizarre.

You imagine he's only doing it to stay famous / relevant as he doesn't having much staying power as a stand up or an actor (was that what he was before?) and he's milked being married to a more famous person enough.

It's fair enough, really.

He's got 99 problems with society yet not one solution. He's like a wee kid that's just discovered what "why" means and he won't stop asking. The problem with Brand and other hippies/lefties/yessers is that they don't seem to realise our lives right now are a product of society and natural human instinct. You take away all the baddies/tax payers/dictators/fox news readers, wipe the slate clean and we'd end up right back with the system we have now which we created. Humans as a race are naturally self serving, power hungry and manipulative. What is Russell Brands alternative? Revolution and elect new leaders, the leaders being only those who Russell and co deem acceptable? Any utopian society would be doomed by our natural greed. There would be power vacuums filled by the "good guys".

You take away all the baddies/tax payers/dictators/fox news readers, wipe the slate clean and we'd end up right back with the system we have now which we created. Humans as a race are naturally self serving, power hungry and manipulative.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25601-1379520627-17

He's got 99 problems with society yet not one solution. He's like a wee kid that's just discovered what "why" means and he won't stop asking. The problem with Brand and other hippies/lefties/yessers is that they don't seem to realise our lives right now are a product of society and natural human instinct. You take away all the baddies/tax payers/dictators/fox news readers, wipe the slate clean and we'd end up right back with the system we have now which we created. Humans as a race are naturally self serving, power hungry and manipulative. What is Russell Brands alternative? Revolution and elect new leaders, the leaders being only those who Russell and co deem acceptable? Any utopian society would be doomed by our natural greed. There would be power vacuums filled by the "good guys".

Reminds me of the likes richard littlejohn and james whale. Any tom dick or Harry can sit on the sidelines and critisize the goverment of the day but you never see any of those running for election.

You kind of contradict yourself here a bit mate.

I agree there is a strong element of human nature that is self-serving and greedy - and will do whatever it takes to keep whatever particular gravy train it relies on in power.

But as you admit there are millions of people who aspire to something better. Humanity for me is about helping those less fortunate, and working together to improve things for everyone. Folk on the 'left' (in this context, a very general term) have achieved an awful lot in the face of basic survival of the fittest.

Its one of the key things that separates us from the animals.

Archived