Smartwatches

The above mentioned watch has come to the end of its life and I'm looking again with a view to amazon prime day next week. 

Does anyone have any new android watch recommendations?

Or anyone with one of the galaxy watches but non Samsung android phone able to say whether they sync OK? 

The above mentioned watch has come to the end of its life and I'm looking again with a view to amazon prime day next week. 
Does anyone have any new android watch recommendations?
Or anyone with one of the galaxy watches but non Samsung android phone able to say whether they sync OK? 
I got a Ticwatch Pro a couple of years ago and it's brilliant. It has dual screens so most of the time its just a normal lcd watch which makes the battery life really good.

They've just released v3 which I'm very tempted by

Yeah I had the Ticwatch pro before, both the strap and the watch itself are gubbed now and 2 years seems like a good time to replace. 

The dual screen was really good. Main issues were with wear OS and it being just a wee bit chunky for my skinny wrists.

Would probably buy the Ticwatch 3 but I am tempted by the galaxy active 2 which seems to be a bit smaller and had a different OS though that probably comes with yet another set of fitness apps to shove to the background. 

Yeah I had the Ticwatch pro before, both the strap and the watch itself are gubbed now and 2 years seems like a good time to replace. 
The dual screen was really good. Main issues were with wear OS and it being just a wee bit chunky for my skinny wrists.
Would probably buy the Ticwatch 3 but I am tempted by the galaxy active 2 which seems to be a bit smaller and had a different OS though that probably comes with yet another set of fitness apps to shove to the background. 
You've made me seriously consider upgrading too!

Having had Sony watches before with their own os I think I'm more likely to stick with Wear OS. It has its issue's but I've found it far more reliable in term's of paring and sending notifications

• 4 weeks later...

I meant to post I got the Galaxy active watch 2 about 3 weeks back and I cannot find fault with it so far, does everything I want from one of these, accurate GPS when running, easy interface, notifications for whatever you need (I just get phone / whatsapp / email but you can have whatever apps you want) , quick reply functions. etc.

Most impressed by the samsung health app -a very good all in one thing so you don't have to use separate calorie tracking / sleep tracking / activity tracking apps and a large upgrade on google fit.

Battery life I would say is fine, you could squeeze 3 days out of it  if you weren't doing any GPS intensive activity or have the screen on all day, but I normally charge it once a day anyway. Not too much extraneous shite on it either, took maybe half an hour to customise it the way I like and find a watch face that suited.

I suppose the only downside is it doesn't look like a "normal" watch if that's what you're after but I guess that's what the non-active range is for.

Edited by Fuctifano

• 2 weeks later...