UKIP

Im_Rodger

In terms of EU nationals there are 2.2 milion Brits abroad (1 million of which in Spain) and about 2.24 million EU nationals living in the UK. Assuming the other countries decided to do the same we'd be swapping working age and in many cases highly skilled labour for a bunch of perma tanned, bingo winged semi retired geriatrics currently swarming over southern spain like a plague (you wanna talk about integration of foreign nationals into your country, look at how poorly 'Brits' in Spain integrate into their local communities)

The returning Brits would ironically boost UKip membership.

UKIP are what happens when there's a failure to have a sensible discussion on the EU and immigration.

I do believe that they are undermining their own aim of leaving the EU, mostly by failing to stop complete and utter cranks standing as candidates. They are a toxic brand.

In saying that, they'll cause the Conservatives damage in the marginal midlands seats. Hung parliament with labour winning the most seats.

Edited by Michael W

Dedicating this thread to all that's too do with the United Kingdom Independence Party. I don't in anyway support them but I don't think we can write them off as a diddy party like the greens.

As well as this they have won one of the 6 EU seats in Scotland and have also found there way into Westminster.

Also how they perform in and out of Scotland etc...

I have mixed feelings about Farage but I do believe in capital punishment and his immigration policies.

Discuss...

yeah_sure_jon_hamm.gif

I'm not all up on the detail of UKIP policy, but are they not completely against immigration to the UK?

No. They favour a points based system to prevent the market being flooded with low-skilled workers. The idea also is that less immigration will ensure the sustainability of local public services.

Countries already do this such as Australia and Canada for example.

In an ideal world the UK would be able to negotiate that without having to leave the European Union.

They're is legitimate criticisms for UKIP, but you're barking up the wrong tree if you use the analogy of them being some far right Nazi worshiping xenophobes. Doing so is only going to make you look like some libtard. What you should be doing is associating them with hard line Thatcherites.

Edited by Fotbawmad

No. They favour a points based system to prevent the market being flooded with low-skilled workers. The idea also is that less immigration will ensure the sustainability of local public services.

Countries already do this such as Australia and Canada for example.

In an ideal world the UK would be able to negotiate that without having to leave the European Union.

That's a fatally flawed notion.

UKIP attract a higher percentage of clowns compared to the mainstream parties and that makes it easy to dismiss them as nutters. That's my kneejerk reaction to them.

What cannot be denied is that they have successfully tapped into discontent about Europe in parts of all parties, the prejudices of the working class (that the left of centre parties pretend doesn't exist among their support) and those in the conservative party who aren't happy with the centre right agenda. That makes them dangerous electorally. Probably not in terms of winning seats but in terms of distorting first passed the post elections.

Do UKIP "Scotland" exist? I've seen Coburn mention them a few time, Yet I can't find any website, a lot of potential candidates, seat they're planning on standing for.

Not even so much as a leaflet even during the euro elections, they appeared to be non existing

These nutters can't just be ignored.

They come around when mainstream politicians are seen to be troughing for themselves rather than demonstrating that they are working on our behalf.

That's the reason they are less popular in Scotland (10%?) than in England.

For the moment the SNP government is showing that they are governing on our interests.

Labour are finding out how devastatingly quick that can change.

Hope the SNP learn from them.

Either way we don't need racist, homophobic, hate-the-poor-blame-them-for-everything-while-our-mates-keep-all-the-cash lunatics running our country.

We have already!

Do UKIP "Scotland" exist? I've seen Coburn mention them a few time, Yet I can't find any website, a lot of potential candidates, seat they're planning on standing for.

Not even so much as a leaflet even during the euro elections, they appeared to be non existing

Dunno. But I voted for their MEP in order to keep out that fuckwit SNP cuntress that Salmond wanted to parachute in. Something you just haven't managed to come to terms with yet <_<

Dunno. But I voted for their MEP in order to keep out that fuckwit SNP cuntress that Salmond wanted to parachute in. Something you just haven't managed to come to terms with yet <_<

Ah a racist, not seen one on here for a while.