UKIP

Im_Rodger

is it this?
Ukip MEP Jonathan Arnott has announced his candidacy for the leadership, amid furore over new rules for the contest which will block many of the party's best-known figures from standing.

The Eurosceptic party's ruling National Executive Committee (NEC) has said all candidates to replace Nigel Farage must have been a member for at least five years.

It means Ukip's only MP, Douglas Carswell, ex-MP Mark Reckless and prominent former spokeswoman Suzanne Evans, who is temporarily suspended from the party, will not be able to enter the contest.

Absolute Labour style melt down from the kippers in their leadership contest.
Different factions going for each other and even talk of a temporary leader keeping the seat warm for a Farage return.

On 7/8/2016 at 21:50, mjw said:

UKIP getting trolled by a Lithuanian mep.

A pro-European Lithuanian MEP, former professional poker player and businessman has applied to run in Ukip’s leadership election, satirically citing “loss of income due to Romanians” as his first reason to campaign for the post.

Antanas Guoga, more commonly known in Lithuania as “Tony G”, decided to apply for the leadership of the British eurosceptic and anti-immigrant party after the resignation of Nigel Farage this week.

“It’ll be a U-turn for Ukip. They’ve had a good cause for 17 years: to leave the EU,” he told The Times. “Now it is time for new challenge: to re-enter the EU.”

I might have voted for them. Tony G is a legend and troll extraordinaire

Steven Woolfe expelled from the leadership race.
He was the favourite amongst the Farage side of the party.
Are UKIP having the implosion that the SNP would have if we voted for independence?

From the Independent about Steven Woolfe,

The frontrunner in the Ukip leadership election has been barred from standing in the race.

The party's immigration spokesperson had missed the deadline to sign up for the contest by 17 minutes.

Earlier this week he said he "forgot" about a conviction for drink driving from 2002 when he previously stood for election in 2012.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-leadership-election-steven-woolfe-barred-latest-news-candidates-nigel-farage-a7169781.html

Seems a very forgetful type.

Saw Jonathan Arnott at the Berwick EU debate as he's MEP for the North East. He won the debate to be fair, despite me disagreeing with nearly everything he said. The Berwick MP kept looking at him to be bailed out, the Lib Dem was a rabbit in headlights and the Labour MEP started by being booed for blasting the Queen.

Arnott was very impressive.

• 1 month later...

So Diane James takes over from Farage.  Not surprising given she's the possibly the most recognisable of a generally obscure bunch, and supposedly one with the least evident resemblance to the classic swivel-eyed loon (though you can definitely see it if you look hard enough).

Anyway be interesting to see if Nige can keep himself from interfering, they can make it to this time next year without splintering, or indeed actually maintain anything like the public profile they garnered during the EU referendum.  Indeed be interesting to see if Ms James can actually articulate what the point of UKIP is now.  

As an aside was amused to see David Coburn presented as an ordinary kipper on the 6 o'clock news.  Either the BBC staff down south don't know who he is or they assume nobody cares, as they didn't bother identifying him as UKIP's man in the north.  He was only on for ten seconds but still managed to come across as a colossal buffoon.

Ukip? All I seen was a few piss stained old biddies waving England flags at the conference and then Andrew Neal pulling up one o there big hitters after he said the sooner the UK are free of European law and back to English law the better. There biggest donor also wants to fund and create a right wing version of Momentum, surely this will not be a recipe for disaster.

14 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Diane James is maybe not a swivel eyed loon but according to an article I read on holiday last month, she is up to her neck in city dodgy dealing, health care dubiousness and a well known husband stealer. I wonder if any of that will be reported on our glorious media

Dish it, you queen!

32 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Diane James is maybe not a swivel eyed loon but according to an article I read on holiday last month, she is up to her neck in city dodgy dealing, health care dubiousness and a well known husband stealer. I wonder if any of that will be reported on our glorious media

I do have a penchant for slightly mad, snippy and skinny women.  Plus she scrubs up well.  I'd love la James to be my entry in to UKIP*

*wid

Edited by The_Kincardine

Dish it, you queen!

I was embarrassed to say it was an article in the Daily Mail, the well known UKIP fanclub newsletter, which doubted her suitability for the leaders job because her connections to private healthcare jiggery-pokery and serial shagging are well known to the media insiders. The feature ripped her to shreds, basically saying down with this kind of thing, in the frothing Mail style

39 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

I was embarrassed to say it was an article in the Daily Mail, the well known UKIP fanclub newsletter, which doubted her suitability for the leaders job because her connections to private healthcare jiggery-pokery and serial shagging are well known to the media insiders. The feature ripped her to shreds, basically saying down with this kind of thing, in the frothing Mail style

When was 'serial shagging' ever a bad thing?  Can some mod punt this pish to the prudish VL sub forum, please?