Shire v Berwick Rangers, Saturday 8/11/14

One consistent comment from opposition supporters this season gas been that 'shire are dire and I agree with the comments from the shire voice of reason.

I would add that we had no discernible shape yesterday and could not see a game plan. At least under JC last year there was a shape, like it or loathe it, and for many it was the latter.

Time for a rethink?

#KingColin makes defensive substitutions. Berwick lose. BTU questions the defensive substitutions. #KingColin makes attacking substitutions. Berwick win.

Colin oot, BTU in #managerialgod

Quite a good win in what was a fairly poor game, played, in fairness, totally shite conditions. Credit for the lads for battling through and has as been noted, Russell's impact as a sub was very impressive. We look a far better side with Drummond back.

Good solid performance. Team looks much better balanced at 4-4-2 and there were no weak links on Saturday. Hoskins was outstanding when he came on for the unfortunate Tulloch, as was Stevie Notman yet again. Lee Currie looks like he's hit his straps and ran the midfield. Lavery worked his ass off again and thoroughly deserved his two goals.

Shire were busy but once Lavery opened the scoring with a cracker midway through the first half, the result never looked in doubt. The biggest concern was getting the killer second, brilliantly set up by Russell's barnstorming run which left Bolo eating rubber. 16 shots to 4 is a fair reflection of our dominance. Contrary to other comments on here, i thought it was a decent game with a good pace about it, despite the hideous conditions.

Nice to get a couple of consecutive wins under our belts but the real tests are still to come with 4 home games in a row. We've only beaten East Fife out of the teams we're due to face at Shielfield, so this is an opportunity to prove whether we have what it takes to beat teams above us and make the playoffs.

Archived